Overnight oats are a healthy breakfast that you can prepare in advance and utilize while frozen.
This makes it a great meal prep before the day you feel you may not have enough time.
This no-cook method of making oatmeal does not denature the nutrients and retains the original taste.
Even with my sweet tooth, I always go for overnight oats once in a while for that protein pump and to increase my source of fiber.
I have also found that oatmeal is a nutrient-dense food that keeps you satisfied for a long time. You can eat it with fruits, cereal, cream, and other toppings.
In this recipe, we are going to make overnight oats with almond butter and bananas. It offers about 300 calories and about 10 grams of protein per serving.
You may add some chia seeds or ground flax for some extra minerals and proteins. Besides, you may want to sweeten things up with honey.
This is a recipe for two. If you wish to serve more people, simply increase the number of measurements for each ingredient proportionately.
Equipment Needed for Almond Butter Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
- Two jars or cereal bowls
Ingredients Needed for Almond Butter Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 and third cup milk (almond milk is best).
- 2/3 cup of rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons of ground flax
- Chopped fresh fruit for topping (optional)
Almond Butter Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
- Place two bowls on a flat surface such as a countertop.
- Fill each bowl with a teaspoon of ground flax, 1/3 cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, and 1/3 cup of oats.
- Peel and mash one banana into each of the two jars. Otherwise, you may just chop bananas into small pieces and place them into the jar. If you wish to top up with fresh fruit, you may just slice a half banana in each jar and save the other for topping up.
- Using a fork, mash together all the ingredients until they are blended and smooth. You may add milk if necessary to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the oats (and chia seeds, if using them) until the mixture is smooth.
- Put the lid on a jar or bowl and refrigerate overnight. (Otherwise, a period of refrigeration of about eight hours is okay.)
- When you are ready to have it, you can serve it warm or cold. If you would like to have it warm, warm it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- On the other hand, if you want to top up with fresh fruit, slice the remaining banana and divide it into two sections, then put each section into a jar. You may also add some blueberries and strawberries.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of honey over each mixture.
- Combine the ingredients and serve.
Thank you for reading my recipe post. Please try it at home and tell us how it tastes.