It is the pride of every mum to feed their loved ones healthy and delicious meals made from fresh ingredients every day.
It does not matter whether it is breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. All meals should be healthy and delicious.
The double chocolate orange doughnut is one of my favorite recipes. It is the signature recipe in our generation that runs from my great-grandmother to me.
I learned it from my mother, who kept preparing the delicacies, and I have also taught my daughter.
My whole family loves these doughnuts, fluffy and moist, which are also healthier when baked rather than deep-fried.
I wouldn’t be happier sharing this little secret with you to share some love and make your next British cuisine dessert memorable.
Equipment Needed for Double Chocolate Orange Doughnut Recipe
The double chocolate orange is an easy recipe that requires simple baking equipment for incredible results. Below are some of the needed equipment:
- Doughnut tins/pan
- Mixing bowls
- Cooling rack
- Piping bags
- Kitchen scales
Ingredients Needed for Double Chocolate Orange Doughnut Recipe
Using proper and all the necessary ingredients has a significant impact on the results.
Besides making the doughnuts fluffy and moist, they turn out delicious, sweet, fruity light, and perfectly balanced like everyone loves them.
The following ingredients are enough for 12 servings:
- 1 orange (zest-large)
- 2 large eggs (refrigerated)
- 2 tablespoons corn /gold syrup (light)
- 1 ½ cups plain all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tbs baking soda
- ½ cup brown or castor sugar (light)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate sprinkles
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ nutmeg (grounded)
- ¼ tsp orange juice or extract
- 4 tsp unsalted butter or baking spread for greasing
- ½ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 175 milk (either cow or plant)
- Orange food coloring
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 225g icing sugar
- 3tsp water (you may not use it in some cases)
- 12 chocolate orange segments
Recipe for Double Chocolate Orange Doughnut
- 1. I preheat my oven to 160 Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 while greasing two doughnut tins with butter.
- 2.I then mix my liquid ingredients (eggs, milk, orange extract, and oil) with castor sugar in the mixing bowl and whisk them thoroughly.
- 3.My next step is to add the self-rising flour and cocoa powder and whisk in before dividing the batter on the trays. Piping bags come in handy at this step, especially in ensuring neatness when dispensing into the trays. A spoon should be useful at this point as well.
- 4.I bake the batter for 12 minutes before removing it from the tin using a spoon and allowing them to cool.
- 5.I then prepare my glaze (a mixture of water, icing sugar, and orange extract) to a smooth paste. I add the water bit by bit to avoid getting runny results before adding adequate food colouring to create the desired shade (bright).
- 6.I then set the doughnuts on the rack with a baking tray underneath to allow them to incorporate the glaze drip. The trick is piping the glaze over the doughnuts before sticking on the orange segment while the glaze is still wet.
The double chocolate orange doughnut recipe is one of the easiest baking tasks. The outcome is, however, incredible and addictive. Please try out this recipe the next time you want delicious cake for your loved ones and enjoy the moist and fluffy delicacies. Thanks for your time, and watch out for my next update.