We are all familiar with getting those snacking sensations in the middle of the night.
However, if you are looking to microwave your favorite popcorn or some chicken drumsticks in the wee hours, how will you be able to see the right settings?
There are a lot of people out there who’ll be buying a light-up keypad if you have visual impairments, blindness or seniors who are finding it difficult to see their microwave, especially in the nighttime.
So where can you find the right backlit keypad for your microwave?
What other features do these types of microwaves offer?
How much would you have to pay for one of these?
Well, if you want the answers to these questions, then you should definitely keep reading.
Best Microwave With Backlit Keypad & Lightup Buttons
OUR TOP PICK
This first microwave comes with a backlit keypad that will light up when you push the buttons
This is perfect if you are prone to low-light cooking, elderly or visually impaired.
This unit is a very compact model, and you should be able to house it in many kinds of kitchen, especially small apartment kitchens.
This comes with brushed stainless steel, which is just perfect for retaining lots of heat and thoroughly cooking your food.
This microwave has plenty of smart features including defrost, reheat and low-temperature cooking.
This is great if you are sick of having microwaves that do not reach the top temperatures.
This microwave heats evenly all the way through, so you won’t have cold areas inside the microwave or parts of your food that will burn.
This comes with senor technology that will allow automatically adjust the level of the cooking to accord with how much more heat your food needs until it is done.
- Quiet operation - if you are looking for something that will be quiet to run and won’t wake up anyone else in your house, then this is the microwave for you.
- Sensor cooking - this takes a lot of the guesswork out of cooking and will adjust itself according to what temperature the food needs to be cooked at.
- Safe - this microwave comes with a child lock, so you can be sure of keeping prying little hands away from hot foods and beverages.
- High temperatures - this is able to reach temperatures of around 1400 watts, which is great if you are cooking for large amounts of people.
- Expensive - be prepared to shell out a few hundred dollars for this microwave. This might not appeal to a family looking to save money.
This next microwave comes with a raft of amazing smart features, including the ability to preprogram certain temperatures for certain foods.
This comes with 10 power settings, which is amazing if you are looking to cook foods quickly with a decent level of heat.
This comes with a large LED display, which is perfect if you are looking to operate this microwave in low lighting situations or are visually impaired.
This comes with a one-button release door, which is great if you don’t want to be yanking it open, which can cause wear and tear to your microwave over time.
This is a very easy microwave to clean, coming with brushed stainless steel.
This is very important for reducing the amount of food matter that might become hardened and compromise the integrity of your microwave.
This comes with large internal dimensions, making it one of the best microwaves on this list for cooking large meals.
This comes with a sturdy glass turntable on the inside, which can be easily wiped down, and will save you a lot of time cleaning the inside of your microwave.
- Light-up buttons - this comes with buttons that light up and instructions that are very easy to read.
- 10 pre-cook settings - this is great if you are looking for quick options for making food quickly and easily.
- Push door function - this is great if you want to get your food out quickly and you have specifically timed your meals.
- 900 watts - this microwave can read very high temperatures, which is perfect if you are looking to cook thick cuts of meat or tough vegetables.
- Expensive - this is another very pricey unit, so you might be having to dig deep into your pockets to pay for this one.
Next up, we have a microwave that will really appeal to people for whom aesthetics means as much to them as functionality.
This is an incredibly good-looking piece of cooking equipment.
As stated in the name of this product, this comes with a retro look, which a wonderfully bright and glossy finish that will complement any style of kitchen.
However, that is where the comparison with a more old-fashioned microwave ends, as this one is full of features that are associated with a distinctly modern microwave.
This comes with plenty of cooking presets, allowing to cook pizza, pasta, meat and vegetables.
This is great for anyone who wants to have their cooked promptly and with great proficiency.
This comes with an LED digital display that will be very easy to understand.
This is very important if you are suffering from sight impairment issues or you are a senior user who might not be familiar with digital microwaves.
This comes with a reset function, so you’ll be able to wipe all the settings that you’ve previously entered.
- Fast cooking - if you want something that will cook your food in a few minutes flat, then this is the right model to have.
- Defrost and reheat functions - this is great if you are looking to prepare your food for cooking quickly and easily.
- Large interior - this is great if you are wanting to prepare larger meals. If you are working in a family setting, then you should certainly think about getting this microwave.
- Easy to use - this microwave comes with a panel that is easy to navigate, a great feature for anyone who has just bought their first microwave.
- Expensive - another very expensive option, although if you buy this microwave, the chances are that you’ll never need to get another one again.
Next up, we have a microwave that is very compact, offering the modest homeowner a great microwave that will blend in with most decor.
All you have to do is punch in one single button and you can get the optimum heating for whatever food you happen to put in there: soup, rice, pasta, scrambled eggs.
This comes with a genius sensor that contains over 20 cooking presets.
So if you want to just touch and button and have your food ready within minutes, then this is a great microwave to have.
This even comes with dedicated buttons, especially for popcorn.
It also has a timer that you can use, so you don’t have to keep watching your food.
This is great if you are cooking multiple dishes throughout your kitchen.
We would certainly recommend that you have this one if you like making big meals but you have little space.
This circulates heat in such a way that it uses a lot less energy.
If you are looking to save money of your electricity bills at the end of each month, that having this microwave will certainly help with that.
You can also cook tricky dishes like potatoes that famously require a certain amount of heat to become fully cooked right the way through.
This is another one that comes with a child lock, which is great if you have wandering hands that like to get into your more hazardous household appliances.
- Stainless steel construction - if you are looking for a microwave that is durable and easy to clean, then you can’t go wrong with this unit.
- LED backlight - this is great to use during the wee hours when you might be hankering for a snack or you are cooking things for a late night party.
- Even heat distribution - this will not leave any part of your food uncooked or burned, it also comes with auto-shutdown features to prevent food from burning.
- Compact - this microwave can be easily stored in any size of kitchen. This is great if you own a small apartment.
- Too small - this might not have the space if you are looking to prepare and warm larger dishes.
This next oven is another premium Black and Decker microwave, giving you everything that you need for a full cooking experience.
This comes with a great easy-to-read control panel that will allow you to punch in the settings during low lighting conditions.
This microwave is very easy to understand, which is great for first-time users.
Like a lot of our other microwaves, this comes with plenty of cooking presets, meaning that you won’t have to put a lot of thought and effort into your temperature control.
This comes with a push-button door, which makes it much easier to open and close.
This is great if you are preparing multiple dishes for a party and you don’t want a microwave where the door gets jammed.
If you want to choose the Express cooking option, then you can have your meals ready within 30 seconds.
This is great if you want to warm up something quickly before you head into work.
- Interior and exterior lights - if you are operating this microwave during the night, then you can track the progress of your food quite easily with an indoor and outdoor light.
- Smart features - automatic shutoff, temperature control and even heating, this comes with plenty of digital features that will help you cook your food thoroughly all the way through.
- Cook a wide array of dishes - whether it is fish, vegetables or large hunks of meat, this has everything that you need to cook your food and avoid bacteria.
- Stainless steel - if you are looking for a microwave that is very easy to clean and has a solid conduction, then this is a great microwave to buy.
- Expensive - this is one of the priciest microwaves that we have on this list. If you are looking for something cheap, then we suggest you look at one of our other models.
This final microwave is one of the most convenient, coming with plenty of features that will all but guarantee that you recipe is cooked to perfection.
This comes with an elegant design that will be able to blend in with most styles of kitchen decor.
This comes with a sleek handle that is easy to grip and will pull open with no problem at all.
This comes with 10 presets that you can use for a wide range of meals.
Whether it is reheating pasta, warming up pizza or defrosting chicken, there is something for every type of meal scenario.
This comes with a backlit keypad and LED display, which is perfect for helping you see everything that you need to cook your food.
There is nothing confusing about this microwave, which is great for first-time users.
This comes with a kitchen timer that you can use to warm up your food quickly and practically.
This comes with plenty of one-touch programs that are perfect for preparing fast meals.
It comes with a large capacity on the inside that will allow you to rustle up large meals.
If you are tired after work and want to avoid cooking complicated meals, then all you have to do is stick something in this microwave.
- Stainless steel - this is another extremely resilient unit. All you need to do is wipe down the insides after use and it’ll be ready to go for the next time.
- Clear view - if you want to see exactly what is going on inside your microwave as you are cooking your food, then this microwave comes with great inside lighting.
- Great action - the door will open smoothly and silently, which is perfect if you don’t want to wake up the family when you’re cooking late at night.
- Powerful temperatures - this is one of the strongest microwaves that you can get for warming up your food. Great for defrosting thicker cuts of meat straight from the freezer.
- Expensive - this is another very pricey unit, so make sure that you have more than a few hundred dollars to spare before you buy this one.
When you are getting a microwave with a backlit keypad, there’ll be a few reasons why you are buying it.
You’ll definitely want one that you can operate in the late night, as well as clearly defined buttons.
Here are a few other features that you’ll want to be looking at:
How Precisely Does It Cook?
You’ll need to make sure that it can cook a wide variety of different foods without overcooking or undercooking.
You should also be able to leave your microwave unattended to cook other meals.
Some of these microwaves have auto-adjust features on the temperatures, such as the Faberware Countertop Oven.
This will help your food to get cooked to the proper temperature.
Is It Durable?
Most of these microwaves are made from stainless steel, which is one of the best substances for retaining heat and cleaning after cooking.
When you are using a microwave, you’ll want to keep the amount of food matter that sticks to the inside to an absolute minimum.
The Black and Decker microwave is probably the most durable on this list, made with a composite of stainless steel and aluminum.
Does It Have A Backlit Keypad?
Of course, if you're using the microwave in the night when it's darker, are elderly and have trouble seeing the display, or have a visual impairment then you definitely need a strong backlit keypad that illimunates the buttons.
My top pick fits, the Breville, fits that description perfectly, see it here...
What Is The Maximum Temperature?
This will be very important, especially if you are warming up large meals or you are wanting to cook meals quicker than usual.
We would recommend that your microwave is able to reach at least 700 watts.
The Black and Decker microwave can hit a high temperature of around 900 watts.
Although if you want premium power we would certainly suggest...
...the Breville, as it can hit over 1,000 watts.
For those that want to go higher, the Panasonic NN-SD78LS Microwave Oven can reach temperatures that go up to 1250 watts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I Have Backlighting On My Microwave?
These features will mainly help you to see your microwave in the dark.
You should be able to clearly see your heating settings so that you don’t undercook your food.
What Is The Best Material For A Microwave?
Most of the microwaves listed above are made from a composite of plastic and steel.
This makes it very durable and easy to clean after you have used it.
How Much Will A Backlit Microwave Cost Me?
A lot of these units come with amazing smart features, so you can expect them to be at least over $100.
However, once you have bought this unit, you’ll have a microwave that will last you for at least a few years.
Top Choice Microwave With Backlit Keypad
When it comes to quality, durability, a bright backlight and more power settings than you’re ever likely to need...
...Black And Decker Digital Microwave Oven with Turntable Push-Button Door would be our best pick of the microwaves on this list.
Last update on 2022-08-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API