This Black Forest Waffles recipe is going to become your new favourite breakfast, trust me!
Not only is it delicious but it’s quick and easy to create (only 15 minutes time in total for prep and cooking) and there’s not a lot of equipment needed (a whisk and a waffle maker) so you’ll be happy to make it regularly.
Here’s the recipe for Black Forest Waffles…
Black Forest Waffles Overview:
- Meal: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Preparation: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Serves: 5
- Waffle Maker
- All Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Syrup
- Cherry Pie Filling or Fresh Cherries
- Whipped Cream
How To Cook Black Forest Waffles
Here’s how to cook your waffles…
- Heat up your waffle maker to a high heat setting.
- Whisk together 2 cups of flour, 1/3rd of a cup of cocoa powder, 1/3rd cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Stir in 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of oil and 2 cups of butter milk.
- Add in your vanilla and mix all together till combined.
- You now have your batter that can be poured into your waffle maker until crispy.
- Top with your cherry pie filling or fresh cherries and with the whipped cream.
- Feel free to sprinkle cocoa powder over the top or top with chocolate sauce for extra indulgence.
- Creates two deep-pocket 1-inch Belgian waffles at the same time. Dimensions : 15. 50 L x 9. 75 W x 9. 30 H inches. Cord length : 36 Inches
- 6-setting browning control knob ensures each waffle is cooked to order
- Nonstick coating for quick food release and easy cleanup
- 2 LED ready indicator lights and 3 audio beep tones signal when each waffle is done
- 1400 watts of power. UC Cubic Feet: 1. 08
- Belgian waffle maker creates large, round waffles with deep pockets that hold plenty of toppings and syrup
- Waffle maker features an 8 inch nonstick plate that releases waffles easily and cleans quickly
- Adjustable temperature control lets you customize heat while cooking, for different types of finishes and batters
- Stainless steel housing offers added durability; Cord length: 27.5 inches, watts: 1080w
- Safe to touch handle provides a firm grip and helps prevent burns
- Dual indicator lights; 5-setting browning control
- Round nonstick cook plate with four quarters
- Stands on end for compact storage. BPA free
- 3-Year warranty
- Voltage-120V Features: Bakes one large traditional-style waffle|Five-setting browning control|Regulating thermostat|Red and green "ready to bake/ready to eat" indicator lights|Nonstick baking plates|Brushed stainless steel housing|Instruction/Recipe book|Limited 3-year warranty|BPA Free
Why I Love Dessert Waffles
Dessert waffles are just incredible, layer them with dark fruit like sour cherry’s, dark chocolate (go for dark and not milk, trust me) and melt down some brown sugar in a pot on the gas stove with a little butter from your favourite butter dish then top with ice cream…heaven!
You don’t like Black Forest waffles or just find waffles too heavy?
Then try Black Forest Skillet Brownie Cakes instead as an alternative to the Black Forest Waffles as they are lighter and smaller so easier to eat plus you can put the pan directly in the oven. I use my favourite brownie pan here.
Enjoy your Black Forest Waffles Recipe
That’s it you now have your Black Forest Waffles for breakfast!
And I bet you’ll make this regularly at weekends now.
Last update on 2021-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API