Let's explore whether the renowned cookware brands All-Clad range is safe to use in the oven making the distinction between their two main ranges of cookware - Stainless Steel and Non-Stick.
We will explore each of these ranges to see if they are oven safe, and if so, to what maximum temperature can the cookware be used.
We will also be looking at whether the cookware is suitable for use in the oven.
So, if you have just got yourself a new set of All-Clad cookware, or are considering getting some and wondering about their oven safety then read on...
So…. Can All-Clad products go in the oven?
The answer to the question “Can All-Clad go in the oven?” depends on the type of All-Clad product you have - different products can withstand different levels of heat.
In general, all All-Clad products are over-safe to a degree. However, it is important to note immediately that all glass lids for the cookware are not oven safe.
As well as this, any pieces of cookware that come with a stainless steel lid are also not safe for use in the oven.
That is to say that you should remove the stainless steel lid before putting the pan itself into the oven.
To repeat and clarify, none of the lids for any All-Clad products are oven safe. You should not place All-Clad lids in the oven.
Furthermore, whilst all of their products can be used in the oven, when it comes to broiler usage, the rules change slightly. To give you a better understanding we will make distinctions between some of the All-Clad ranges.
When it comes to All-Clad Stainless Steel cookware, all of the products (apart from the glass lids) are oven safe up to a maximum of 600 degrees Fahrenheit. This is 315 degrees Celsius if you are that way inclined.
As well as this, all of All-Clad’s stainless steel cookware range is safe to use under the broiler, again, for a maximum temperature of 600 degrees Fahrenheit. The glass lids cannot be used under the broiler, either.
However, All-Clad’s non-stick cookware differs slightly from the Stainless Steel range in that it can withstand lower temperatures.
It is still oven safe, but only up to the slightly lower temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
For those of you who use the measurement of Celsius for temperatures, this is 260 degrees. The major difference, however, is not that of the temperature.
Unlike the stainless steel range, All-Clad’s non-stick cookware range cannot be used under the broiler.
It is not designed for broiler usage. Just like the stainless steel range, any glass lids from the non-stick cookware are not oven safe, so do bear this in mind!
Many people will be unsure of the safety of non-stick materials under these high-heats, however, All-Clad has reassured its customers that their products have gone through rigorous testing to ensure the safety of them.
Whilst we have done our utmost to ensure that this information is as up-to-date as possible, we always recommend that you check your specific manuals for any All-Clad cookware you have, or the product description online to make doubly sure that you know exactly what temperatures the cookware can withstand.
Whilst the information might not be glaringly obvious on the All-Clad website itself, the [roduct descriptions for each individual item will give you all the information you need about oven safety.
What is All-Clad?
All-Clad is a popular, renowned company that specializes in cookware. Their founder, John Ulam, whilst being neither a professional cook nor engineer, was a metal enthusiast and had many patents for metal products.
He founded All-Clad in 1971 after deciding to use his passion for metals and his position as a keen home-cook to create a bonded metal cooking pan.
He used layers of stainless steel, bonding them with aluminum to create cookware designed to cook foods evenly, to be easier to clean and to ensure that the metal did not tarnish or affect the taste of the food.
He succeeded with this, and All-Clad is still very much a popular choice for cookware today.
- HEXCLAD PATENTED TECHNOLOGY: The hexagon design is created through a laser etching process to provide durability stainless steel and the ease of a nonstick surface. The dual surface allows you to get a golden-brown sear while using less oil, grease, and butter.
- WHY CHOOSE HEXCLAD: Our design is the only true hybrid (stainless steel + non-stick) cookware featuring a patented laser-etched hexagon design and tri-ply construction. HexClad is PFOA-free, oven safe up to 500 degrees, induction-ready, and features stay-cool handles for a premium cooking experience.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Creating a durable pan built to last requires a tri-ply or clad style construction. The first layer is stainless steel for a sturdy outer build, followed by an aluminum middle layer that conducts consistent, even heat distribution through the pan's surface.
- EASY CLEAN & SCRATCH RESISTANT: The Hexclad is dishwasher safe and can be cleaned using scouring pads or steel wool. The pan is scratch-resistant and won’t scuff or wear down from the use of metal utensils. The third layer compacts the aluminum with another layer of stainless steel that incorporates nonstick metal valleys to create the perfect cooking surface.
- SET INCLUDES: 12" Pan w/ Lid - the foundation of the gourmet cook's toolkit, 10" Pan w/ Lid - the perfect size for everyday meals, 8" Pan w/ Lid - the essential sauces and sides pan, 12" Wok - the ultimate advantage for chef-quality cooking.
A commonly asked question about All-Clad products
All-Clad prides itself on making strong, durable, and responsive pieces that are essential to everyday cooking. So, with this in mind, you may well have some questions about All-Clad.
One of the most commonly asked questions about All-Clad cookware is whether it can go in the oven.
Given the need for convenience that drives so many consumers and normal working families around the globe, having cookware that allows for the convenience of just popping it in the oven to reheat your meal.
Or creating a meal using just one pan to cut down on prep time and cleaning is important. It is, therefore, no surprise that people want to buy cookware that is totally oven safe.
There is nothing worse than creating a huge pot of casserole for the whole family, making enough for leftovers the next day, only to have to decant the whole thing into a casserole dish (check which size is best here) to reheat it, doubling up on the washing up!
- HEXCLAD PATENTED TECHNOLOGY: The hexagon design is created through a laser etching process to provide both stainless steel and non stick surface. This dual surface allows your non stick pan to sear still while using less oil, grease, and butter
- WHY CHOOSE HEXCLAD: Featuring a patented laser-etched hexagon design and tri-ply construction, HexClad is PFOA-free, oven safe up to 500 degrees, stovetop and induction cookware ready, and features stay-cool handles for a premium cooking experience
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: To create durable cooking pans built to last require tri-ply construction. The first and third layer is stainless steel for sturdy non-stick features, while aluminum in between conducts consistent, even heat distribution
- EASY CLEAN & SCRATCH RESISTANT: The Hexclad 12" stainless steel pan is dishwasher safe and can be cleaned using scorching or steel wool pads since the nonstick pan is scratch-resistant and won't scuff or wear down from the use of metal utensils.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: As Hexclad's dedication to quality to perfection, all non stick cookware is backed by a lifetime warranty. Add it to your favorite heavy-duty kitchen cookware sets. Perfect size pan for your eggs, omelets, or single chicken breast
Summary: Can All Clad Go In The Oven?
We hope that you have found this article very informative and that you ow feel as clued up as possible on All-Clad cookware and its suitability for oven usage.
To summarize, all pieces of All-Clad cookware are oven safe to a degree, with stainless steel pieces being safe for temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit, and non-stick pieces being oven safe for up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remember, only the stainless steel range is broiler safe, the non-stick range cannot be placed under the broiler. Keep in mind, too, that the lids for any of the ranges are not safe for the oven or the broiler.
To ensure that you have all the information possible, we always recommend checking the specific owner’s manual or product description for your particular All-Clad piece before using it.
Last update on 2022-06-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API