As a passionate home cook, I am a big fan of juicing.
Not only is it a quick and easy way to get your five-a-day, but it also helps you to save money on expensive pre-made smoothies and juices too.
Here are just a few ways you can make the most of your oranges when juicing.
Can I juice oranges in a juicer?
Yes, absolutely! Cutting your oranges up into segments first is a really good tip when it comes to juicing your oranges in a juicer.
This will help you to get more juice and less pulp.
Do I peel an orange before juicing it?
Although not strictly necessary, I would always advise peeling an orange before juicing it.
By removing all the peel first, you can help to avoid any bitter aftertaste in your orange juice.
Can I juice orange peels?
You can definitely choose to juice the peel if you want to. Most juicers can handle the thick peel of oranges, or you can grate a little peel in for a touch of citrus zing if you prefer.
What to do with oranges after juicing?
My favourite thing to do with oranges after juicing is to eat them! That way, I know I am enjoying them sustainably and getting the most I can from each bite.
You can also use any leftover oranges to infuse your herbal teas for a little something different, or even dry out the peels to use in homemade cleaning products too.
What can I do with orange pulp after juicing?
Orange pulp makes the perfect ingredient to compliment loads of baked goods.
I love making muffins with the addition of the sweet and citrusy leftover orange pulp, or add it to ice cube trays for a refreshing way to cool down cocktails.
You can also have a go at adding it to scrambled eggs too, which tastes absolutely divine, or add it to your homemade broths for extra Vitamin C as well.
Does the pulp from juiced orange have nutrients?
Pulp from orange juice is packed full of fibre, which is excellent for digestion, and also contains important flavonoids too.
Both of these contribute to better digestive health and can even lower your risk of developing some conditions too, such as certain cancers and diabetes.
All in all, I am a huge advocate of always using the pulp from my juiced oranges, not just for its great taste, but the fantastic health benefits too!
What are the best oranges for juicing?
In my opinion, the best oranges for juicing are Valencia oranges, blood oranges and navel oranges.
These three varieties offer a great range of tastes and make rich and sublime juices.
Valencia oranges are really sweet, perfect for breakfast time, whilst blood oranges are darker in colour and have a richer, smoother taste.
Navel oranges are really popular as they are a seedless variety, so you don’t have to worry about pips getting stuck in your juicer.
Navel oranges are also generally larger in size, meaning you get lots of juice per orange, which also helps to make them one of my favourite go-to juicing oranges as well.
Juicing oranges in a juicer is a great way to get a boost of nutrients and fibre, whether first thing in the morning or as a refreshing drink at any time of the day.
Try to use all of the orange, from peel to pulp, in order to make the most of this popular citrus fruit when juicing.
What’s The Best Orange Juicer To Buy For Home?
Here are 5 of the best orange juicers to buy for use at home…
- Auto-reversing juicing cones provide maximum juice extraction
- Adjustable Pulp Control with Pulp Basket - Pulp collects in the removable basket so you can throw it out or use it in other recipes
- Easy-to-Read Measurement - Markings on the clear juice container makes juicing for recipes easy
- Drip-Free Pour Spout - The container doubles as a pitcher, complete with handle and spout
- Adjustable reamer with 3 pulp control settings-low, medium, high
- Auto-reversing universal juicer cone for more efficient juicing
- Final-Spin feature extracts more juice from pulp
- Extra-long Snap-Up spout accommodates more glasses and prevents dripping
- Brushed stainless steel design, Easy-clean dishwasher-safe parts, BPA free
- No extra piece to storage 1-size-fits-all juicing cone provides maximum juice extraction
- Filter integrated filter captures pits for richer and cleaner juice extraction
- Easy press rubber handle press with soft grip - stop and reducing pressure on the hand
- Suction cups prevents table surface marring and ensure secure base setting
- Usage is easy the automatic on/off function makes juicing easy - simply press the handle down to start and release pressure to stop
- Premium Construction: The commercial juicer machine consists of a food-grade stainless steel shell and an acrylic cover, making the commercial juicer perfectly durable and sturdy. The acrylic cover ensures a smooth operation, relieving your worry about accidents. Besides, the powerful 120W motor is incredibly resistant. Air vents help to dissipate heat.
- Efficient Processing: The commercial orange juice machine features a large capacity and excellent squeezing performance. The storage basket is attached to the top of the machine for efficient feeding. The juice machine is suitable for 1.6"-3.1" oranges and capable of squeezing up to 25-35 oranges per minute. The upgraded concave-convex balls help increase the juice yield by 5%.
- Easy Juice Collecting & Cleaning: The commercial orange squeezer adopts an upgraded pull-out typed filter box with a water tap that allows you to collect juice perfectly and improve the juice yield. The pull-out design makes cleaning the juicer more thorough in case the taste will be affected. A quick and simple cleanup to make your job so much easier.
- Considerable Details: This commercial juice extractor is designed with two peelers, and two large collecting buckets are provided for orange peel collection as well. What’s more, our drip tray is lengthened for convenient operation, and it is also detachable for cleaning. The ON/OFF switch is protected by covers, effectively against water and electrical leakage.
- Accessories & Wide Application: The orange juice squeezer machine comes with a set of replacement parts in case of missing or broken components. The commercial juicer can quickly squeeze orange juice, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, etc., widely used in grocery stores, restaurants, fruit shops, canteens, gym clubs, drink shops, bars, offices, and more.
- Why Do I Need a Manual Citrus Juicer? - For everyone who loves a great tasting, healthy glass of freshly squeezed juice any time of the day, this is the product for you! Unlike other electrical juice extractors, hand press citrus squeezers are way more healthier and refreshing. Use as an orange juicer or lemon squeezer, or for limes, grapefruits, pomegranates and even tomatoes!
- Zero Waste - With a Mueller Manual Juicer you can be sure that not a single drop of juice will be left in your fruit from the sheer power of the juicer hand press. All healthy nutrients and enzymes in the fruits are well preserved because unlike electrical juicers, fruit in hand press juicers is not processed with heat and friction. No buzzing, no electrical power, and no additional expenses on your electric bill.
- Simple to Operate & Clean - The easiest way to make a delicious, healthy treat in just seconds. Simply cut the fruit of your choice in half, place it on the strainer cone and press the handle down for freshly squeezed juice. Wipes clean in seconds, and with stainless steel, dishwasher safe removable parts.
- Portable, Durable & Safe - Not enough kitchen space? No need to worry! Since it does not require any electricity for operation, you can place and move your Mueller Citrus Juicer anywhere you want. With rubberized handle, non-slip suction feet and heavy-duty construction ensuring stability, place your juicer on any even surface and make delicious and healthy drinks any time of the day.
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Our unparalleled 24/7 live telephone customer support is ready and waiting to assist with anything you need!
Last update on 2021-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API