As a passionate home cook, I am a big fan of juicing.
Not only is it a quick and easy way to get your five-a-day, but it also helps you to save money on expensive pre-made smoothies and juices too.
Here are just a few ways you can make the most of your oranges when juicing.
Can I juice oranges in a juicer?
Yes, absolutely! Cutting your oranges up into segments first is a really good tip when it comes to juicing your oranges in a juicer.
This will help you to get more juice and less pulp.
Do I peel an orange before juicing it?
Although not strictly necessary, I would always advise peeling an orange before juicing it.
By removing all the peel first, you can help to avoid any bitter aftertaste in your orange juice.
Can I juice orange peels?
You can definitely choose to juice the peel if you want to. Most juicers can handle the thick peel of oranges, or you can grate a little peel in for a touch of citrus zing if you prefer.
What to do with oranges after juicing?
My favourite thing to do with oranges after juicing is to eat them! That way, I know I am enjoying them sustainably and getting the most I can from each bite.
You can also use any leftover oranges to infuse your herbal teas for a little something different, or even dry out the peels to use in homemade cleaning products too.
What can I do with orange pulp after juicing?
Orange pulp makes the perfect ingredient to compliment loads of baked goods.
I love making muffins with the addition of the sweet and citrusy leftover orange pulp, or add it to ice cube trays for a refreshing way to cool down cocktails.
You can also have a go at adding it to scrambled eggs too, which tastes absolutely divine, or add it to your homemade broths for extra Vitamin C as well.
Does the pulp from juiced orange have nutrients?
Pulp from orange juice is packed full of fibre, which is excellent for digestion, and also contains important flavonoids too.
Both of these contribute to better digestive health and can even lower your risk of developing some conditions too, such as certain cancers and diabetes.
All in all, I am a huge advocate of always using the pulp from my juiced oranges, not just for its great taste, but the fantastic health benefits too!
What are the best oranges for juicing?
In my opinion, the best oranges for juicing are Valencia oranges, blood oranges and navel oranges.
These three varieties offer a great range of tastes and make rich and sublime juices.
Valencia oranges are really sweet, perfect for breakfast time, whilst blood oranges are darker in colour and have a richer, smoother taste.
Navel oranges are really popular as they are a seedless variety, so you don’t have to worry about pips getting stuck in your juicer.
Navel oranges are also generally larger in size, meaning you get lots of juice per orange, which also helps to make them one of my favourite go-to juicing oranges as well.
Juicing oranges in a juicer is a great way to get a boost of nutrients and fibre, whether first thing in the morning or as a refreshing drink at any time of the day.
Try to use all of the orange, from peel to pulp, in order to make the most of this popular citrus fruit when juicing.
What’s The Best Orange Juicer To Buy For Home?
Here are 5 of the best orange juicers to buy for use at home…
- Adjustable reamer with 3 pulp control settings-low, medium, high
- Auto-reversing universal juicer cone for more efficient juicing
- Final-Spin feature extracts more juice from pulp
- Extra-long Snap-Up spout accommodates more glasses and prevents dripping
- Brushed stainless steel design, Easy-clean dishwasher-safe parts, BPA free
- SIMPLE IS BEST, ORIGIN IS BEST Press and communicate with the orange ,your juice is much more tasty!The electric orange juicer extract juice by electric squeezer with slow speed, which don't heat up the juice and preserve 100% of the vitamins, enzymes and other nutrients. It provide the pure taste of the orange.
- UNIQUE DESIGN More powerful motor,professionally designed gear and large stable base make less noise and no swagging while using our orange juicer.We specially added stainless steel exterior trim and a clear indicator led light in the shape of the product.
- LARGE CAPACITY CUP A large 1.2L(Almost 41oz) transparent jug with measure markings on which meets the needs of large families and parties .Also the electric juicer comes complete with protective cover keeping dust out.
- EASE OF USE &CLEANING The structure is particularly simple,just several parts which are detachable for easy operating and cleaning(Dishwasher safe parts).You can use different cones to extract juice ,cause there are two cones included(one big,one small) suitable for lemon,oranges grapefruit and other citrus fruits.
- Extracts The Most Juice Possible: Professional quality most efficient juicer squeezer. Gets the maximum amount of juice from oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits and other fruit, with no seeds. Just pull the comfortable firm grip handle down for the fastest and easiest citrus juicing while your hands stay clean.
- Commercial Grade Hand Press Extractor: Made of durable, heavy duty cast iron with ergonomic design. This stainless steel citrus press juicer uses leverage and gravity to get the job done with little effort. Lever action practically does the work for you. Powerful and secure crusher capabilities. Crush and squeeze a variety of small fruits and veggies in the comfort of your kitchen.
- More Fruits to Enjoy than Your Handheld Juicer: The 5" (5 inch) diameter cup allows it to be used with various types and sizes of fruit, it can handle most of the largest grapefruit. Easier than hand held juicers known as mexican elbows. You and your family will love the healthy and nutritious juices you can get from apples, pineapple, Meyer lemons, Key limes, limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti citrus limes, from Florida, California or abroad.
- Easy Clean: Wipes clean in seconds, focus more time on juicing than clean up. Featuring stainless steel strainer cup / detachable parts that are dishwasher friendly. Exprimidor / esprimidor manuel de jugos, naranjas y limones mejor que exprimidor electrico.
- Secure and Stable: Heavy cast iron citrus juicer with built with rubber feet stays firmly in place to help reduce sliding around, tipping and falling. Even when using as a pomegranate press juicer.
- NO EXTRA PIECE TO STORAGE 1-size-fits-all juicing cone provides maximum juice extraction
- FILTER Integrated Filter captures pits for richer and cleaner juice extraction
- EASY PRESS rubber handle press with soft grip - stop and reducing pressure on the hand
- SUCTION CUPS prevents table surface marring and ensure secure base setting
- USAGE IS EASY The automatic on/off function makes juicing easy - simply press the handle down to start and release pressure to stop
- Easy to Use & Clean - First of its kind! Simple 1-button automated press operation. Much easier to use than a regular citrus press, juicers, or handheld juice squeezers. Removable parts are "top rack" dishwasher-safe.
- BPA-Free Tritan Plastic Juicer Bowl - Juice reservoir holds up to 12 ounces
- Make Your Own Fresh Juice - Organic juice contains more vitamins and minerals with less added sugar
- Works with Nearly All Citrus Fruits - Lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruits, and other organic citrus fruits (up to 4.5 inch diameter). Great for healthy drinks, cocktails, recipes, desserts, and marinades
- Includes 2 Pulp Filters - Low and high interchangeable pulp filters
Last update on 2021-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API