I started cooking way back from school while doing catering as my course. All along have been trying to discover new things since cooking is a learning process.
Since my colleague taught me how to make Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie, it has always been my number one dessert.
I have transferred this to my kids, and everyone enjoys preparing it since it has simple and easy procedures.
My family has refined it throughout the years, winning pie baking competitions. During the holidays, it’s a show-stopper.
Pecan Pie is a traditional holiday dessert, and if you have never tried Rich chocolate pecan pie, I strongly advise you to try it.
You won’t regret the results since it is the most delicious dessert I have ever made throughout my cooking career.
This is the most delicious chocolate pecan pie you’ll ever have. This pie will be the highlight of your dining table because of its rich chocolate filling, flaky crust, and buttery pecans.
It’s a dream come true as my two girls now to be a chef like me. I cant wait to see what they will be cooking for me in the future.
Ingredients needed to make Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
- I and half-cup of pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet)
- One unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Four beaten eggs
- Half cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light)
- half a cup of corn syrup
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Caramel Sauce, to serve as a garnish
- Garnish with confectioners’ sugar
- Optional toppings: vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Sauce with Caramel
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- Two teaspoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On the base of the pie crust, equally, distribute the pecan bits and chocolate chips.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a mixing dish. Over the pecans, pour the filling. Bake for 50 to 60 mins, or until the filling has been set.
- Before slicing, remove the cake from the oven and cool for about 1 hour. Garnish with a spray of Caramel Sauce and a dusting of confectioners’ sugar on each portion.
To prepare the Caramel Sauce
- In a medium-strong saucepan, mix the water, sugar, and lemon juice and heat, constantly stirring, until all the sugar dissolves.
- Give it time to boil, then cook, occasionally stirring, until the mixture turns a deep amber color, about 2 to 3 minutes, keeping an eye on it to avoid burning.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly pour in the cream, stirring to mix (it will form bubbles).
- Set aside. As it cools, it will thicken. Approximately 1/2 cup
I am so thankful for everyone who took the time to read my Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie.
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie is a dessert that you will never miss on your table once you taste it. I believe that my recipe will guide you as you make one for you and your family.