Chopping onions by hand can be challenging.
While I find onions one of the most crucial ingredients to have in a meal, the process of hand-chopping them is not my favourite.
I would instead use a food processor.
Having such tools is what motivates me to cook after a long day of work.
There are also a few tips I use to make the process easier.
Hand chopping onions can be time-consuming when many onions are needed.
In addition, onions make you cry. So you can imagine chopping ten onions or more.
I write this article to highlight the best way to chop onions using a food processor.
First, it is essential to understand why it is better to use a food processor.
Avoid watery eyes.
Not only do onions cause you to shed tears, but they inflict pain in your eyes. Onions absorb sulfur from the ground while they develop.
This sulfur assists the vegetable to create a compound named amino acid sulfoxides.
As we cut the onion’s layers, some of the enzymes in the onion mix with the sulfoxides and form a sulfonic acid that is released into the air.
Your eyes produce tears as a mechanism of defence.
The tears are helpful as they remove this substance from your eyes. Nevertheless, it is painful.
Chopping onions with a food processor
- Fertilizer from Food Scraps in mere hours
- 2L Capacity for most table and refrigerator scraps including chicken bones
- Cuts down volume of food waste by up to 90%
- Flexible Home Placement & stores anywhere with power
- Easy to Operate with 4-8 hour processing time
I want to talk about the blades first. There is the S blade. This blade has its name after its shape. It is made, of metal and it is a standard attachment for many food processors.
This blade mixes and chops. In a fast and continuous run, it blends and purees.
Procedure To Chop Onions In A Blender
Step 1: Attach the S blades into your working bow.
Place the S blade inside the working bowl and lock the blade.
Step 2: Peel your onions and cut them into quarters.
You want to remove the outer covers of the onions. Afterwards, I like to quarter my onions to reduce their size
Step 3: Place the onions inside the working bowl of the food processor.
The working bowl will hold the onions as the blade chops them. Before you turn on the food processor, ensure you properly attach every item. You also want to place and lock your lid.
- Includes 1 (2.03 pound) orgain organic plant based vanilla bean protein powder
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 2 grams of organic dietary fiber, low net carbs, 0 grams of added sugar, 150 calories per serving
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when baking to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
Most food processors (can you dice vegetables in them?) have three buttons. My food processor has an on/ off switch and a pulse button.
The pulse button will turn the blade and chop the onions rather than blend. I like to press it in short intervals to avoid over-heating.
I will repeat the procedure 4-7 times. Avoid over blending since it causes the onions to have a bitter taste and flavour.
- NEWEST SUPERIOR DESIGN: Your best solution for eating watermelon design by YUESHICO. This watermelon slicer come with one automatic cutter blade, just push the watermelon slicer tool into watermelon, watermelon cubes come out automatic. Watermelon cutting ruler help you to measure 0-2CM cubes as your ideal size.
- PERFECT CUBE SLICES: The watermelon slicer is designed so that you can cut the perfectly cube shaped slices of watermelon that you cut every time! It’s unique composition allows you to make clean and quick slices in watermelon without breaking a sweat! This unique slicing mechanism allows you to cut the watermelon into the perfect cube size 2CM that you want every time you use it.
- QUICK & EASY TO USE: Stainless steel 18/8 Watermelon Slicer is an serve easy tool to allow quick cutting and serving of watermelon cubes smoothly and easily. Watermelon gets the cubes you imagined with just one easy step, just push it. Quickly and effortlessly cuts into the watermelon fruit; allowing for fast and easy serving straight out of the melon cube onto the plate. Make your own watermelon salad in one minute, enjoy refreshing watermelon cubes hassle free without dealing with drippy mess.
- ABSOLUTELY SAFE & KID-FRIENDLY EDGES: YUESHICO watermelon slicer features unique rounded edges and non-sharp blades, making it perfectly safe. All you have to do is use them to push cut the watermelon into cube, and they'll be perfectly safe, even for children! Never have to worry about accidents.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: 100% Money-Back Guarantee. Order today while supplies last. Because we trust the quality of our products, if something ever happens to your watermelon slicer, YUESHICO WILL REPLACE IT immediately without any costs or efforts from your side.
Step 5: Drain the onions if necessary
The onions will deposit at the bottom of the working bowl and, some might be on the walls. Remove them to start your cooking.
A safety tip to consider is to avoid using an automatic setting for your food processor to chop the onions.
This habit causes off-flavours and might increase the rate at which the food will turn stale.
A food processor cannot dice and cut onions into tiny even squares. It will simply cut into various size pieces.
Last update on 2022-06-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API