Although not a huge drinker I do enjoy a refreshing cocktail on a Saturday evening either in a bar with friends or even at home.
Sometimes it's relaxing to mix one up post work during the week to drink with dinner and wind down, it gives a little something to look forward to in the evening.
So I thought I'd share some of my favourite alcoholic drinks and cocktail ideas for you to be inspired by.
Here's a selection of my favourite cocktails...
My 6 Favourite Cocktail Recipes
1. Sparkling Mocktails
Sometimes I want the fruit taste of a cocktail just without the alcohol so that's where this mocktail comes into play.
2. Bounty Cider Sangria
Sangria, as you know, is traditionally made with Red Wine in Spain however you can make an apple cider version instead which goes down well in the autumn months particularly.
If you prefer a more "mulled" cider version then you can heat either in a pot on the gas hob or for a few seconds in the microwave, just be careful not to use a glass that will explode in the microwave.
3. Ginger Beer Mojitos
Make a traditional Mojito then add a few splashes of ginger beer (or juiced ginger ) for an interesting twist, the ginger beer mixes well with the rum and almost clashes with the fresh citrus lime but something about it is very refreshing.
You can make these in advance then store in the fridge for later in the day when you're ready to drink them.
- TANKLESS WATER HEATER VALVE KIT: Watts LFTWH-FT-HCN service valve kit for tankless water heater valves simplify the installation, maintenance and operation of tankless water heaters.
- SERVICE VALVE KIT FOR TANKLESS WATER HEATER: The tankless water heater service valve kit replaces up to 18 fittings and 16 connections used in typical tankless water heater installations, color-coded tee handle. Optional pressure relief and check valve.
- MULTIPLE CONNECTION VALVE KIT: They are available in two valve sets or as a single valve with female threaded, union or quick-connect end options. The service valve kits are available with or without a relief valve. Facilitate service and maintenance with cold water inlet and hot water outlet valves certified to NSF/ANSI 61.
- LEAD FREE VALVE KIT: The wetted surface of our Lead Free products contacted by consumable water contain less than one quarter of one percent (0.25 percent) of lead by weight.
- WATER SERVICE VALVE KIT: Purge/drain ports allow regular cleaning to remove scale build-up. The kit includes LF4L - Lead free poppet type pressure relief valves for protection against excessive pressure and LFTWH - Lead Free Tankless Water Heater Valves.
- Improves Taste: Over time, Keurig (TM) machines build up old grinds and residues, tainting the flavor of your coffee and espresso. Quick & Clean's proprietary cleaning formula cuts through and eliminates these residues, bringing taste back to normal
- Lengthens The Life Of Your Machine: Residue build ups in the pack holder, funnel & exit needle can eventually cause damage to your machine. Regular cleaning using Quick & Clean's cups restores these elements and enhances the lifespan of your machine
- Safe & Easy To Use: Completely safe - non-toxic, biodegradable and gentle on your Keurig (TM) brewer (1.0 & 2.0- compatible). Easy to use - simply brew one large cycle with the cleaner pod, then one large cycle with water-only (discard liquid & cleaning pod)
- Excellent Value: With 6 rinse pods per package and incredible cleaning effectiveness, Quick & Clean's cleaning cups provide 3+ months of cleaning power (based on daily usage) Please note: This is an aftermarket cleaning product (produced by Quick & Clean). We have no affiliation with or endorsement from any of the manufacturers mentioned
- FIXES NOISY, RUNNING TOILETS: Toilet repair kit replaces inefficient fill and flush valves, and leaky flappers to help solve most common toilet fill problems
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN: 400A toilet fill valve adjusts easily from 9 – 14 inches, fits most 2-inch flush valve toilets, and is ideal for use in 1.6 to 3.5 gallons per flush toilets or larger. Dual Flush: No
- CORROSION RESISTANT: Solid frame 501 2-inch flapper features corrosion-resistant Microban material to prevent breakdown and leaks due to bacteria and is chlorine and hard water resistant
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easily installs in 10 minutes or less to get your toilet flushing like new again
- Begin your career as a hobby mixologist with this cocktail shaker: Works like a charm and doesn't leak, this cocktail shaker set includes: shaker cup (24 oz/750ml), airtight lid, built-in strainer, two-sided measuring jigger (1.0 oz & 0.5 oz) and an elegant bar spoon. This martini shaker will help you create the best cocktails, martini and new drink recipes.
- Sleek, Leakproof, Classy and easy to use: Perfectly shaped barware set with premium quality. The martini maker set uses ultra durable Pro 304 Stainless Steel, with a mirror finish resist rust, anti-scratches, durable for high volume bars and home bars, Washes off nicely in the sink or dishwasher. The strainer at the top that makes pouring a good martini much easier.
- Simple to use: Can’t stop thinking about having a delicious cocktail in your own hands,but donot know where to start? This Cobbler shaker is an all-in-one solution consisting of 3 parts: a metal tin, cap, and built-in strainer. You don’t even need a jigger to measure recipe volumes, as the cap is exact 1OZ.No need for additional tools
- Mix drinks like a Pro: Containing most essential bartending tools in this bartender kit, You are easy to prepare and mix all types of drinks, from high end mixology recipe cocktails to a simple martini or margarita, to impress your friends, impress your lovers, try to impress yourself as you drink alone.
- Incredibly versatile and great gift: Every holiday you go to spend time with family which is usually drinking or cruising and want something to compliment the festivities, this cocktail shaker is great addition,make juice or fancy drinks. Of course, it was sent as a gift by you.
- [SAFE & DURABLE]: JY COOKMENT marinade injector kit is made of food contact safe material, Durable and sharp, the needles puncture any meat or poultry with ease, ensuring you can enrich the taste of tough or thick cuts.
- [EASY DISASSEMBLE AND CONVINIENT CLEANING] Our meat injector is designed for quick and easy disassemble. With cleaning brush makes clean up super easy, Hand wash recommend.
- [JUICY & YUMMY for Every Bite] Our perfectly crafted seasoning injector make every bite of the meat is flavorful and juicy. For the highly quality injector also intensify flavors of Thanksgiving / Christmas turkey, beef brisk, pork and BBQ roaster.
- 【Easy to One-Hand Use】Ergonomically designed for one-hand injecting handles; graduated injection chamber: 1-oz/30ml capacity measurement markings in ml and oz up the side; 3” seasoning injector needle with hole for deep penetration and perfect sauce distribution with liquid brine and marinades
- 【What You Get】1 x Meat Injector, 1x Cleaning brush, 2x needles. Remove the tiny plastic protection tip that covers the syringe needle before use; This 1-oz plastic injector is designed for temporary uses. Friendly customer service, and A 100% Unconditional After-Sale Return Policy, in case of you don’t like it.
4. Vegan Frozen White Russians
If you like the idea of a White Russian cocktail but can't drink milk as you're vegan or intolerant then switch it out for coconut or almond milk instead and vegan chocolate (or simply ditch the chocolate), it's delicious.
5. Watermelon Cucumber Slushies
6. Skinny Shamrock Shakes
These shakes are delicious but the typical recipe is heavy on the fat due to the ice cream and whipped cream but you can switch the cream for almond milk and cut back on the ice cream if you prefer a skinny version.
What is the most popular cocktail?
Mojito, as according to TheSpirtsBusiness, it was searched over 43,000 times on Google which is more than any other cocktail was searched.
A Mojito is mixed using rum, fresh mint, fresh lime, sugar and soda and is a relatively simple and straight forward cocktail to make.
What are the most popular classic cocktails called?
Here are some of the names of classic cocktails...
- Bloody Mary (a classic combo of tomato juice, salt, Tabasco sauce and other spices, and celery)
- Pina Colada (with fresh pineapple juice and coconut)
- Long Island Ice Tea.
- French Martini.
- Old Fashioned.
- Whisky Sour.
- Sex On The Beach.
- Daquiri (the banana version being my personal favourite)
What are common cocktail ingredients?
- Garnishes such as fresh fruit like Limes.
- Spirits such as vodka, rum, whisky, gin.
- Mixers like tonic waters, soda, lime juice, ginger ale, cranberry juice, pineapple juice.
- Maraschino cherries.
- Simple Syrup.
Enjoy These Cocktail And Alcoholic Drink Ideas
I hope these ideas for cocktails, mocktails, and other alcoholic drinks have inspired you to create some delicious drinks of your own.
Honestly, I find it quite exciting knowing I will be drinking a homemade cocktail at the weekend or after a busy day at work as they are so refreshing and put a smile on my face.
Just remember to drink moderately so you don't regret it the next day and ruin the fun please!
Last update on 2022-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API