Life without dessert is a miserable one, don't you think?
We all need a little sweetness in our lives to bring us some joy especially on cold winter nights which is when I think desserts are best enjoyed.
I've literally never found a dessert that I didn't like so I'll eat almost anyone but on this page I've included ideas for 15 comfort food dessert recipes that are really special and worth trying.
15 Comfort Food Dessert Recipes
I hope you enjoy these comfort food dessert recipes as much as I do.
Sure, you might not be able to eat them every day but as a once a week treat then why not.
Salted Caramel Cups
Who doesn't love Salted Caramel? Anyone? Didn't think so...
Delicious baked salted caramel cups will melt in your mouth and put a smile on your face, and they are so easy to make.
Honestly, you can bake Salted Caramel Cups in about 30 minutes max including prep time.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Doughnuts
If you usually never so much as look at a Pumpkin outside of Halloween then you might think this is an odd sounding combination but the sweetness of the pumpkin mixed with the cinnamon and dough is actually delicious.
Alternatively try Baked Thai Buttermilk Doughnuts if you prefer or if you don't enjoy Cinnamon Pumpkin Doughnuts.
Or if you're really feeling adventurous then Maple Bacon Glazed Doughnuts for a savory and sweet option that's perfect for breakfast.
Spiced Carrot Cake With Cheese Frosting
Carrot cake can be slightly bland to some peoples pallet and I totally get that however add some cheese frosting and it gives the slightly dry and bland taste of a carrot cake a whole new taste profile, and gives Spiced Carrot Cake With Cheese frosting a whole new level.
Cereal Milk Cupcakes
Take your favourite cereal, I like Fruit Loops for this personally, add cereal milk and add to a traditional cupcake recipe and what do you get?
A dessert so scrumptious you'll want to eat it for breakfast, they are known as cereal milk cupcakes.
And all breakfast need a coffee on the side...
If you love meringues and love coffee then combine the two for a delicious breakfast treat that's a little on the sweet side so not something you'll want to eat daily but nice once in a while it's OK to eat a coffee meringue for breakfast.
Delicious with an Espresso or if you prefer a milky drink a Latte.
- We will deliver the product to your room of choice (up or down two flights of stairs or any level serviced by elevator) within your residence
- We will unpack, inspect for damages, assemble and set up your product
- This service includes Instant Returns. Return your item for any reason during service delivery
- An adult must be present upon delivery
- This service does not include haul away or disposal of other items
- Bakes one large traditional-style waffle
- Five-setting browning control
- Nonstick baking plates
- Brushed Stainless Steel housing
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Premium 18″ Ceramic Grill with Cast Iron Cart & Locking Wheels – The Kamado Joe Classic II gives the perfect cooking size of 18 inches along with its Premium cart that comes with the purchase of your grill, including locking casters and wheels.
- 2-Tier Divide & Conquer - Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System transforms the humble grill grate into the most powerful cooking tool in your arsenal. The revolutionary multi-level, half-moon design frees you to cook different foods in different styles at different temperatures—all at the same time
- Kontrol Tower Top Vent - Maintains consistent air setting for precise airflow management during dome opening and closing. Constructed of powder coated cast aluminum, the patent pending dual-adjustment top vent is rain resistant and allows you to smoke from 225F all the way to searing at 750F.
- Air Lift Hinge – The air lift hinge significantly reduces dome weight. The grill dome can be lifted with a single finger giving the most comfortable grilling experience there is.
- AMP (Advanced Multi-Panel) FireBox – The patent pending six-piece design eliminates breakage and increases grill efficiency.
- The Longhorn Reverse Flow Offset Smoker provides the best for you outdoor cooking needs. With optional smokestack locations you choose between reverse flow smoking and traditional offset smoking
- Charcoal fuel allows you to grill with high heat or cook low and slow
- 751-square-inches of primary cooking space; 309-square-inches of secondary cooking space
- Heavy-gauge steel construction ensures durability you can trust
- Professional temperature gauge for accurate monitoring
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied coffee table
- Product should be in the room where it is to be assembled before provider arrives. Moving product after assembly is not included
- Cleanup work area. Take packaging to customer's bins unless customer declines
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- This service does not include haul-away of products or trash
Decadent Smores Layer Cake
There's nothing more enjoyable than smores so adding smores to a cake...food heaven!
You layer the Smores up into a cake, and voila!
Ice Cream From The Ice Cream Maker
I recently bought an ice cream maker and I've loved every second of it plus the home made ice cream is so rich, creamy, and milky compared to even the most luxurious store bought stuff, so worth it!
If you haven't tried homemade ice cream then it's worth considering purchasing an ice cream maker.
Just think of all the delicious combos like warm apple pie with homemade ice cream!
Dessert Frequently Asked Questions
What's the most popular dessert in the world?
Stick Toffee Pudding, according to PreparedPantry, which is a fruit cake covered in toffee sauce.
What is the healthiest dessert?
Anything that goes easy on the sugar and butter content should be healthier plus fruit based desserts where you're getting your vitamin content too.
What's the simplest dessert to make?
Ice cream and fruit or cupcakes because they require minimal to no prep yet are still very satisfying.
Enjoy These 15 Comfort Food Dessert Recipe Ideas
I hope you've enjoyed my ideas for these 15 comfort food dessert recipes as much as I've enjoyed writing about them and eating them (OK no one has enjoyed it THAT much!).
Whether it be the Black Forest Waffles, the Salted Caramel Cups, The Cinnamon & Pumpkin Doughnuts, Cereal Milk Cupcakes, Coffee Meringues, Smores Layer Cakes or the homemade ice cream, these are all delicious.
Most of them can be put into the fridge and will last for a few days if you can't eat them all immediately.
I also enjoy eating these with a cup of tea in the evening/
Let me know which you've decided to make for yourself.
Last update on 2022-09-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API