Ever since I started eating crunchy French toast, I don’t think I will ever go back to eating regular French toast.
Not that the regular French toast is bad, but I found a better option by having a French toast that has a crunchy outer coating.
I started trying out this recipe 4 years ago and ever since then, it’s the only French toast I prepare.
As a matter of fact, my husband and daughters can’t get enough of my crunchy French toast granola.
I have put together everything you need to know before you start preparing and cooking your fresh French toast granola.
In this guide, you’ll find information on the equipment, ingredients, and recipe.
The prep time takes 15 minutes and the cooking takes 25 minutes, making it a total of 40 minutes. The recipe I have prepared for you is enough for 4 servings.
You can reduce or increase the ingredients proportionally till you get the correct amount for your preferred servings.
Equipment for French Toast Granola
You’ll need to have the following tools in place before you start the cooking process:
- Food processor or a re-sealable bag and a rolling pin
- Two bowls
- A pan
- A tablespoon
- Paper towel
Ingredients for French Toast Granola
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- 3 cups of oats and honey protein granola
- 1 cup of maple or maple-flavored syrup
French Toast Granola Recipe
- Place your granola in a food processor. Pause it severally so that the granola is broken down into small crumb pieces. In case you don’t have a food processor, take a plastic re-sealable bag, place your granola inside, and crush it using a rolling pin.
- Pour the crushed granola into a dish and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, milk, and any other flavoring of your choice. Ensure that all the sugar dissolves
- Working in pieces, dip your slices of bread into the milk mixture and let each slice absorb the liquid for 15 seconds. Lift the slice out of the mixture while letting excess liquid drip off.
- Place the wet slice in the dish with the granola. Ensure you completely coat both sides with the granola.
- Heat the pan over medium heat. For each French toast you cook, coat the pan with about 1/2 a tablespoon of unsalted butter. Once the butter has melted off, add the coated slice and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Ensure that the granola has toasted and turned into golden brown.
- Remove the cooked French toast from the pan and keep cooking the other slices using the same procedure. If there is any left-over granola on the pan you can wipe it using a paper towel to avoid burning.
You can now serve your French toast granola with your preferred toppings. I like to top mine with honey, yogurt, and berries.
How to make French Toast Granola
There is a summarized way of cooking some fresh French toast granola.
Thank you for reading this guide. I hope you enjoy your cooking and your freshly made French toast granola.