I absolutely adore fresh fruit and berries particularly home grown homes from the garden, typically I have strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blackberry's, blackcurrants and gooseberry most seasons.
I especially enjoy cooking with them, using them in baking, and adding them to food as well as juicing them for fruit juice and drinks.
14 Ways To Use Fresh Fruit And Berries In Recipes
These are some of my favourite recipes for fresh fruits and berries...
1. Strawberry & Ginger Ice Cream Floats
Strawberry and ginger might not seem like the obvious mix but trust me it works really well especially when paired with vanilla ice cream.
2. Strawberry Granola With Overnight Oats
This is a delicious breakfast and super healthy too as it's packed with vitamins and fibre plus always keeps me full until lunchtime.
3. Spiked Strawberry Basil Limeade
Never made your own soft drinks before? Now is a good time to start as it will blow your mind how tasty they are compared to the store bought versions.
Just squeeze fresh limes over ice, add some fresh basil, then throw in some chopped strawberries, if it's too sour for you then add some fizzy water to take the edge off.
No fancy equipment, chef knives, or gadgets required.
4. Roasted Berry Yoghurt Popsicles
These are perfect for summer days or even as a dessert after an evening meal.
You'll need ice lolly moulds or a suitable tray for freezing and all you do is roast your berries in the oven then inject your popsicle makers with fresh yoghurt and freeze with lollipop sticks hanging out the end.
Any berries work and a mix is best, I enjoy strawberries, blueberries, and cherry's as a combo personally as with fresh greek yoghurt they are divinely sweet.
These will look absolutely beautiful too because of their vibrant colours.
Try adding vanilla beans to cherry to create a Vanilla bean and sour cherry pop version, incredible!
5. Caramelized Peaches & Coconut Whipped Cream Crumble
Have you ever tried a caramelized peach crumble before? If not, it's heavenly.
Add in coconut whipped cream and you're onto a winner!
The caramelized peaches just add a hint of sugary sweetness to the dish which compliments the rich crumble and it's set off nicely by the coconut cream.
If you have leftovers wrap it in foil and put in the fridge (max 2 to to 3 days but always use your own judgement) or freeze it.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- YoBoHo New Media Pvt Ltd (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- 3 non-stick silicone baking mats for easy and convenient baking
- No need for oil, cooking sprays, or parchment paper
- Oven-safe up to 480 degrees F
- Easy to clean
- 9" x 13", 9.85" x 14.76", and 16.5" x 11.6"
- A hidden balls bearing turns smoothly for easily creating beautiful borders along the base or design a professional cake.
- Platform rotates in either clockwise and counterclockwise direction, great for left-handed and right-handed decorators.
- 2 stainless steel icing spatula is perfect for making layered cakes and spreading on a crumb layer evenly and smooth.
- Decorating comb & icing smoother for creating a perfect designs on the side or top of cakes.
- Measures 11 inch in diameter, 3 inch tall. Made of durable plastic and can be many years used.
- 2 non-stick silicone baking mats for easy and convenient baking, roasting and food prep
- Nonstick silicone releases food without the need for grease, cooking sprays, or parchment paper
- Oven-safe up to 480 degrees F
- Fits half-sheet size pans; easy to clean with soap and warm water
- Each baking mat measures approximately 11.6 x 16.5 inches (LxW)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Saffitz, Claire (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 363 Pages - 10/20/2020 (Publication Date) - Clarkson Potter (Publisher)
6. Concorde Grape Cheesecake Bars
A grape cheesecake might sound like an odd mix on the surface but trust me, this is delicious.
The sourness of the grapes cuts through the cheesecake for an unusual but lovely flavour.
7. Coconut Zucchini Bread
This is a wildcard and I bet you've never tried Zucchini bread let alone coconut zucchini bread!
The sweetness of the coconut cuts right through the zucchini giving an unreal taste is well recommended.
8. Rustic Apple Hot Cross Buns
Hot cross buns only seem to get baked at Easter round here but they are delicious year round, especially with freshly picked apples from the tree in the garden.
The caramelized apples give the sweet and flaky pastry an extra zing!
9. Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble With Toasted Almonds
Strawberry and Rhubarb is an amazing combination and paired with crumble and almonds it's a dish to die for.
10. Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake
Despite being a huge Espresso fan I typically don't enjoy the coffee flavour in other drinks (cocktails or beers like Stouts for example) or desserts but this almond coffee cake with blueberries is an exception as something about it just works.
11. Spiced Baked Pears With Caramel Sauce
Cinnamon, baked pears, almonds and caramel sauce...what a combo!
Put it together, spread it evenly in a dish then cook in the oven it and it's delightful.
12. Lemon Cupcakes & Buttercream
These light and fluffy cupcakes are simple to make and a joy to eat as they taste so light and fresh, until you add the butter-cream in anyway which adds a touch of heaviness to the dish but it's still delightful.
Alternatively bake these in a brownie ban and have lemon buttercream brownies.
13. Booze Soaked Cherry Tarts
Cherry + Booze = Heaven!
I love Cherry in beer, a Belgian Kriek (Sour Cherry Beer) is one of my favourite beer styles and a Chocolate Cherry Stout likewise.
So anything boozy and cherry in a glass, especially in a tart will do it for me.
14. Cinnamon Rolls With Maple Syrup And Cranberries
How good are cinnamon rolls? Add in maple syrup and fresh cranberries and it's next level food!
This is baking at it's finest!
Which Of These Fruit & Berry Recipes Will You Try?
Whether it's the strawberry and ginger ice cream float, the strawberry and basil limeade, the berry popsicle, the peach crumble or the grape cheesecake all are delicious recipes made with fruit and berries.
Go on, try one (or all of them) and report back.
Last update on 2021-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API