I absolutely adore fresh fruit and berries particularly home grown homes from the garden, typically I have strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blackberry's, blackcurrants and gooseberry most seasons.
I especially enjoy cooking with them, using them in baking, and adding them to food as well as juicing them for fruit juice and drinks.
14 Ways To Use Fresh Fruit And Berries In Recipes
These are some of my favourite recipes for fresh fruits and berries...
1. Strawberry & Ginger Ice Cream Floats
Strawberry and ginger might not seem like the obvious mix but trust me it works really well especially when paired with vanilla ice cream.
2. Strawberry Granola With Overnight Oats
This is a delicious breakfast and super healthy too as it's packed with vitamins and fibre plus always keeps me full until lunchtime.
3. Spiked Strawberry Basil Limeade
Never made your own soft drinks before? Now is a good time to start as it will blow your mind how tasty they are compared to the store bought versions.
Just squeeze fresh limes over ice, add some fresh basil, then throw in some chopped strawberries, if it's too sour for you then add some fizzy water to take the edge off.
No fancy equipment, chef knives, or gadgets required.
4. Roasted Berry Yoghurt Popsicles
These are perfect for summer days or even as a dessert after an evening meal.
You'll need ice lolly moulds or a suitable tray for freezing and all you do is roast your berries in the oven then inject your popsicle makers with fresh yoghurt and freeze with lollipop sticks hanging out the end.
Any berries work and a mix is best, I enjoy strawberries, blueberries, and cherry's as a combo personally as with fresh greek yoghurt they are divinely sweet.
These will look absolutely beautiful too because of their vibrant colours.
Try adding vanilla beans to cherry to create a Vanilla bean and sour cherry pop version, incredible!
5. Caramelized Peaches & Coconut Whipped Cream Crumble
Have you ever tried a caramelized peach crumble before? If not, it's heavenly.
Add in coconut whipped cream and you're onto a winner!
The caramelized peaches just add a hint of sugary sweetness to the dish which compliments the rich crumble and it's set off nicely by the coconut cream.
If you have leftovers wrap it in foil and put in the fridge (max 2 to to 3 days but always use your own judgement) or freeze it.
- 2 non-stick silicone baking mats for easy and convenient baking
- No need for oil, cooking sprays, or parchment paper
- Oven-safe up to 480 degrees F
- Fits half-sheet size pans; easy to clean
- Each baking mat measures approximately 11.6x16.5 inches (LxW)
- ✅DURABLE & HIGH QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL: AIKKIL bowls set are constructed of mirror-finish interior and fingerprint-proof matte-finish exterior, which is durable and rustproof. High-quality food grade stainless steel for fingerprint-proof will never retaining any odors, bacteria, or stains.Thicken the edge of the bowl makes them easier to hold. Elegant look and convenient design will be your great helper in the kitchen
- ✅NON SLIP SILICONE BOTTOMS: Each of the bowl comes with silicone bottom to keep the bowl from moving around on the countertop while mixing, kneading or whipping food, you can easily mix all your favorite ingredients and foods and need not to worry about the bowls will wobble when mixing, beating and whipping
- ✅NO-DEFORMED &TIGHT LIDS: Unlike other mixing bowls on the market, our airtight lids not warp or deform, closely fit the bowls, keep your food fresh, tight fitting lids are great for food storage， great choice for storing food for longer
- ✅EXTRA VALUE ACCESSORIES & 7 SIZEES NESTING BOWLS SET: Super versatile combination set including 6 size mixing bowls0.67, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3.5, 7 quart, meet your various kinds of kitchen needs, comes with basting brush, spreader spatula, flexible spatula, egg whisk, egg separator and 6 measuring spoons for better helping you cook more easily
- ✅NESTING & EASY TO CLEAN: These bowls seamlessly nests together creating an uncluttered and organized effect in your cabinets, while saving space. Bowl sizes also fit on your standard size refrigerator shelf, cabinets and pantry, perfect for as a housewarming or wedding gift christmas gift, Simple to clean by hand and dishwasher safe. For the tightness of the lid, please hand-wash the lids
- 15-PIECE BAKEWARE SET: The 15-Piece Baking Pan Set offers a complete durable nonstick bakeware set. Includes baking pan, pizza pan, small cookie sheet, 2 round pans, square pan, loaf pan, big cookie sheet, 12 & 24 cup muffin pans, and 5 silicone spatualas.
- LASTING NONSTICK COATING: The baking pans feature long-lasting nonstick coating inside and out to provide excellent food release with quick cleanup. Made from durable & BPA-free carbon steel metal & it’s shielded w/ non-stick coating that eliminates the need for butter, oil, or cooking spray. the Non-Stick coating is also scratch-resistant.
- SAFE N COMFORT SILICONE HANDLES: The commercial-grade restaurant-quality kitchen bakeware features red silicone grips on all bakeware pans to prevent burns and offer you offer plenty of solid, comfortable grasp, even with potholders. We also included an extra set of 5 silicone spatulas to help you out with your delicious baking!
- OVEN SAFE PERFORMANCE: Designed to perform our bakeware set is oven safe up to 450F. which is enough to cover you for the tastiest baking goods. Delicious chocolate fudge, cookies, cupcake, apple pie, brownies, birthday cake, and much more are a breeze with our bakeware set and added silicone spatula set.
- ［3 Sizes Springform Cake Pan］: 3 Packs (4-7-10 inch) Springform cake Pans can make multi-layer cakes, and have heart-shaped pan will help you make more styles cakes. The pan made from safe material with non-stick coating and easily release. Microwave oven safe up to 445℉. You can easily make cakes to various parties.
- ［Excellent Cake Decorating Kit］ : 48 Numbered icing tips and 7 Russian tips, and the pattern can check on the pattern chart; The revolving cake turntable is ideal for easy decorating.Use flower nail to produce roses and the decorating pen helps you writing on your cake. 9 carved pen help you create a delicate fondant cake.
- ［Safe Materials］: All accessories meet US food-grade standards, made of high quality 304 Stainless Steel, plastic and silicone. Sturdy and reusable, safe for family cake making, adults and kids are applicative.
- ［Idea Gift for Cake Lover］: It included various decorating tools to help you make all kinds of cakes. Included chocolate mold to create more delicate cake. Suitable for any ages and levels of cake-making. Let's make a delicious cake together!
- ［Customer Service］: In order to protect the non-stick coating on the cake pans, please use soft brush to wash them and don't use dishwasher. We stand by our cake tools with our outstanding customer service, if you ever have a problem, don't hesitate to contact us.
- Hardcover Book
- Hollywood, Paul (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 288 Pages - 12/22/2020 (Publication Date) - Quercus (Publisher)
6. Concorde Grape Cheesecake Bars
A grape cheesecake might sound like an odd mix on the surface but trust me, this is delicious.
The sourness of the grapes cuts through the cheesecake for an unusual but lovely flavour.
7. Coconut Zucchini Bread
This is a wildcard and I bet you've never tried Zucchini bread let alone coconut zucchini bread!
The sweetness of the coconut cuts right through the zucchini giving an unreal taste is well recommended.
8. Rustic Apple Hot Cross Buns
Hot cross buns only seem to get baked at Easter round here but they are delicious year round, especially with freshly picked apples from the tree in the garden.
The caramelized apples give the sweet and flaky pastry an extra zing!
9. Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble With Toasted Almonds
Strawberry and Rhubarb is an amazing combination and paired with crumble and almonds it's a dish to die for.
10. Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake
Despite being a huge Espresso fan I typically don't enjoy the coffee flavour in other drinks (cocktails or beers like Stouts for example) or desserts but this almond coffee cake with blueberries is an exception as something about it just works.
11. Spiced Baked Pears With Caramel Sauce
Cinnamon, baked pears, almonds and caramel sauce...what a combo!
Put it together, spread it evenly in a dish then cook in the oven it and it's delightful.
12. Lemon Cupcakes & Buttercream
These light and fluffy cupcakes are simple to make and a joy to eat as they taste so light and fresh, until you add the butter-cream in anyway which adds a touch of heaviness to the dish but it's still delightful.
Alternatively bake these in a brownie ban and have lemon buttercream brownies.
13. Booze Soaked Cherry Tarts
Cherry + Booze = Heaven!
I love Cherry in beer, a Belgian Kriek (Sour Cherry Beer) is one of my favourite beer styles and a Chocolate Cherry Stout likewise.
So anything boozy and cherry in a glass, especially in a tart will do it for me.
14. Cinnamon Rolls With Maple Syrup And Cranberries
How good are cinnamon rolls? Add in maple syrup and fresh cranberries and it's next level food!
This is baking at it's finest!
Which Of These Fruit & Berry Recipes Will You Try?
Whether it's the strawberry and ginger ice cream float, the strawberry and basil limeade, the berry popsicle, the peach crumble or the grape cheesecake all are delicious recipes made with fruit and berries.
Go on, try one (or all of them) and report back.
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API