George Foreman Grill is among the popular grills in the market.
The grills have been in the market for quite some time. Millions of units have been sold since the grill entered the market.
If you have a George Foreman Grill, you can relate to the fact that it is easy to use and clean.
We’ll now look into how to clean the George Foreman Grill.
How Different George Forman Grill Models Affect Cleaning
• Attached or removable plates- we’ll look into the cleaning method for each type
• Size- the only difference will be the time it takes to clean
• Grill plate material- non-stick materials are easier to clean. All the materials have a similar cleaning process.
The grill’s material will differ; nonetheless, each model has a multi-layer non-stick coating.
The older models will have a Teflon coating. The latest models will have a ceramic coating.
The grills are easy to clean, and it doesn’t matter where the unit has non-removable or removable plates.
If you fail to clean the plates or use inappropriate cleaning material, the plates will deteriorate.
The non-stick layers present on the grill will also scratch or chip off with time.
Let’s now look into how to properly clean the George Foreman Grill such that it’ll be spotless.
How to Clean A George Foreman Grill that has Removable Plates
The most common grills are the ones that have removable plates.
The removable plates will pop up easily, and you can clean them in the sink, and there is no need to worry about water getting into the unit.
You should follow these steps while cleaning the grill:
1. Unplug the unit first. Then give it ample time to cool down
2. Remove the plates and place them in your sink
3. You can use a soft sponge or a nylon scrubber. You should also use degreasing soap to ensure you’ll get rid of the food residue
4. If you use the grill for baking, you can start by soaking the plates in warm water
5. After cleaning the plates thoroughly, you can dry them off
6. Place the plates back into the grill
How Do You Clean A George Foreman Grill that has Non-Removable Plates?
For the non-removable plates, there is no need to wait for the grill to cool down.
You can clean the plates even when the grill is still warm.
The heat will come in handy such that it can lift away the food residue that is stuck on the plates’ surface.
Also, the whole cleaning process will be easier.
The steps that you should follow when cleaning a grill that has non-removable plates include:
1. Unplug the unit such that you won’t be at the risk of being electrocuted when cleaning the grill
2. The unit should be allowed to cool down before you can start to clean it
3. Dampen paper towels and place them on the grill. You’ll then close the lid. The heat helps with food and grease transfer to the dampened paper towels
4. After a few minutes, you can open the lid and get rid of the paper towels
5. The whole process should be repeated until you’ve gotten rid of most of the food
6. After removing all the grease and food, you can go ahead and take a dampened microfiber towel and wipe the plates again
7. If the grease residue or food remains on the plates and doesn’t lift away even with a paper towel, you should use a damp sponge to get rid of the stains
8. Apply degreasing soap since it will ensure the plates are completely clean
You should never use an abrasive scrubber since it will get rid of the non-stick coating.