It's also great for adding natural moisture to your skin and hair.
However, coconut oil melts at about 78° F, so at normal room temperature, it solidifies.
There’s nothing wrong with the oil in this form, however, it can make it a little harder to cook with, or you may just prefer it in liquid form.
So, how do you keep coconut oil liquid?
The key to keeping your coconut oil liquified is to keep it at a warmer temperature, this will ensure that it doesn’t solidify.
If you want to liquify the oil temporarily, you can heat the pot with warm water.
You'll see it melt pretty quickly, and you should use the oil before it returns to its solid state.
It’s best to use low heat to liquify your oil, as overheating can make the oil lose all of its anti-viral, anti-thrombotic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties.
Therefore, rather than heating your coconut oil on the hob or in the microwave, there is a range of places in your home where you can gently warm it:
The shower is a great place to warm your coconut oil.
You can place your jar of coconut oil on the floor of your shower and let the hot water and steam gradually warm up the container and liquify the oil within minutes.
This is particularly handy if you wish to use your oil for beauty purposes, such as in your hair or as a natural moisturizer.
You can also do this in the bath. Let your jar float in the warm water and the coconut oil will liquefy in just a few minutes.
Similarly, you can put some warm water in a bowl or the sink and then place your jar of coconut oil in the water until it liquifies.
However, while these methods are great for temporarily liquifying your coconut oil, you might be wondering how to keep the oil in this form.
The best way to do this is by adding another oil that doesn’t solidify into the coconut oil to preserve its liquid state.
You may need to experiment with different oil types to figure out the best combination for keeping the coconut oil liquified, and this largely depends on what you intend to use the oil for.
For example, if you use your coconut oil for beauty purposes, you can add Vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, or argan oil, and generally, a ratio of ⅓ coconut oil to ⅔ of a liquid oil should keep it in melted form.
How To Melt Coconut Oil To Cook With
If you’re using the oil to cook with, you could try mixing it with olive oil instead.
Add a couple of drops of high-quality olive oil to the coconut oil.
You’ll need to melt the oil down first before adding another type of oil, and you can do this by following one of the methods mentioned above.
Another way of preserving the liquid coconut oil is by melting it down and transferring it into a thermos flask.
The insulation from the flask will prevent the oil from naturally returning to its solid form.
It will be harder to keep the oil from going hard in the winter months as the colder weather will solidify the coconut oil.
Again, keeping your coconut oil in a warmer place may liquefy it or at least make it easier to use.
You could store it near a heater or fireplace, or even on a windowsill where it will be exposed to the sun.
However, as we mentioned previously, it’s really important not to overheat your oil, as this will destroy a lot of its healing properties and health benefits.
- MADE FROM FRESH, ORGANIC COCONUTS – Cold-pressed from fresh, organic coconuts, Viva Naturals Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil delivers rich flavor and aroma that’s nutrient rich and naturally delicious.
- PERFECT FOR COOKING, FRYING & SPREADING - With a naturally high smoke point (350°F/177°C), coconut oil is perfect for baking, frying and sautéing. Spread it on muffins or toast for a delightful and delicious alternative to butter.
- NUTRIENT-RICH SKIN & HAIR-CARE TREATMENT – Super useful outside the kitchen, coconut oil makes a luscious lotion or hair conditioner that provides deep, nutrient-rich hydration without feeling sticky or greasy.
- EASILY FITS YOUR LIFESTYLE – Whether you’re following a keto, paleo or gluten-free lifestyle, or just looking for a tastier alternative to margarine or cooking oil, our Organic Coconut Oil is easy to use, and fits seamlessly into your day-to-day. No refrigeration required.
- USDA-CERTIFIED ORGANIC & NON-GMO - Using only the world’s highest-quality organic coconuts, our Coconut Oil is USDA-Certified Organic, non-GMO, and gluten free, grown and harvested sustainably without the use of harmful chemicals, pesticides or other nastiness.
- NATURALLY EXTRACTED and NUTRIENT DENSE: Nutiva’s all-natural cold press extraction process yields a pure, light-tasting, nutrient-rich oil containing 63% medium chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane, or heat
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is an ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets
- HEALTH AND BEAUTY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil has natural moisturizing and deep conditioning properties, making it an invaluable part of every body care regimen
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Nutiva partners with organic farmers to source the world’s finest fresh, organic virgin coconuts and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet
- EASY TO USE PACKAGING: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is packaged in safe, convenient, BPA-free packaging
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL is one of the most versatile carrier oils and has endless uses. It is most commonly used for aromatherapy, essential oils, massage, for dogs and other pets, and as a hair & skin moisturizer. Our premium quality coconut oil Fragrance Free, Hexane Free, Preservative Free, Chemical Free, and 100% Vegan.
- COCONUT OIL FOR SKIN there are countless health benefits to using this oil topically to your skin. Scientists have figured out that this oil contains a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful medicinal properties that feed and moisturize the skin. It is light weight, provides a silky-smooth feeling for all skin types without clogging pores all while nourishing and moisturizing.
- COCONUT OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH is rich in antioxidants, and has powerful properties. When used on hair, fractioned coconut oil helps improve scalp health, fights infections and fungus, supports hair growth, all while adding volume and shine without the common harmful chemicals.
- DILUTING ESSENTIAL OILS requires a carrier oil such as Coconut Oil , Castor Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Grapeseed Oil , etc.. Since essential oils are so potent, they must be diluted before being applied to the skin.
- MADE IN THE USA Our Fractionated Coconut Oil produced in our Approved Facility does not contain alcohol, parabens or sulfates and is Cruelty Free.
Is melted or solid coconut oil best?
It doesn’t matter whether you use your coconut oil in its natural form, or whether you melt it.
As long as you don’t overheat the oil, the benefits will be exactly the same.
The only difference is how you use it, and you may find it more beneficial to use your oil either in its solid form or as a liquid.
For example, you may find it easier to use liquid coconut oil in your cooking as you can simply pour it straight into your pan or recipe.
If you’re using your coconut oil for beauty purposes.
For example, in your hair or as a moisturizer, you can scoop the oil out of the jar and simply rub it between your palms.
Your body heat will naturally melt the oil and you can rub it into your skin or apply it through your hair pretty easily.
Even if you’re using your solid coconut oil for cooking, you should find that once you scoop some of the oil into a pan and heat it gently on the stove, it will melt within moments anyway.
Melting your coconut oil is a quick process and there are many different ways to do this, so even if you melt it every time you use it, this shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience for you.
- Eco-friendly, non-stick cooking spray
- No propellants or artificial additives
- Subtle notes of coconut
- Ideal for enhancing the flavors in your favorite seafood recipe or baked goods
- Quality since 1906 from the Olive Oil People
- GIVE BACK - Your purchase will help feed 250 kids three days a week through our Carrington Cares program. These children are a part of the local Philippine community where we source our NON-GMO liquid coconut oil.
- HEALTHY and GREAT ALTERNATIVE - Carrington Farms liquid coconut cooking oil is a healthy and great alternative to traditional oils such as vegetable, olive, canola, and corn oil. This oil is naturally rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which is efficiently utilized by the body for energy production and helps aid in calorie burning.
- INCREDIBLE QUALITY - Our gluten free, hexane free, and NON-GMO liquid coconut oil is free of hydrogenated and trans fats and comes in a BPA free bottle. Carrington Farms coconut cooking oil retains all the benefits of traditional coconut oil but does not have the flavor or odor of coconuts.
- NUTRIENT DENSE - Carrington Farms liquid coconut oil has five times more calorie burning Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) than traditional virgin coconut oil.
- HIGH SMOKE POINT- This means our liquid coconut cooking oil is perfect for cooking, sauteing, and baking because it burns at a higher temperature than traditional olive oils.
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Blend
- Allergen information: abalone_free
- VERSATILE COOKING OIL - As more people pay closer attention to the foods they're eating, they're also paying closer attention to how they prepare their meals. The wrong cooking oil can turn an otherwise healthy meal into a greasy mess. Coconut oil has become a popular cooking oil because of its high smoke point and low carb profile. It's a great source of nutritious medium-chain fatty acids and delivers great results in the kitchen for chefs of all abilities.
- FLAVOR FREE COCONUT OIL - Love the benefits of cooking with coconut oil but not in love with the taste of coconuts? Our Swanson Certified Organic Flavor Free Coconut Oil retains the nutrition without the taste, making it a great choice for those who want to cook with this naturally nutritious oil but don't want to affect the flavor profile of the food. Enjoy great-tasting meals without any hint of coconut flavor. It's a great alternative to other cooking oils or butter
- LOW CARB DIETS - Swanson Certified Organic Flavor Free Coconut Oil is a great cooking oil to have in the kitchen if you're on any low-carb diet. Why? Coconut oil is naturally carb-free, and our flavor free version maintains that same nutritional profile health conscious-cooks want in a cooking oil. Coconut oil is also a great natural source of medium-chain fatty acids that are metabolized quickly in the body and used as an immediate energy source rather than being stored as fat.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Our products reflect our commitment to giving you the best quality and service at the best price. We guarantee that every product you purchase is made from the purest, freshest nutrients and meets the highest quality standards. If you aren't completely satisfied with any product(s) purchased within the last 30 days, simply return the unused portion to us for a full refund.
- OUR QUALITY & HERITAGE - We're control freaks...in a good way! For nearly 50 years, Swanson Health has delivered science-backed health products worldwide. In 1969, we began in Fargo, ND with a mission to offer wellness solutions that help people live simply healthier together. Our facilities are Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certified, and our purity and potency testing includes independent third-party labs. Clinical research, scientific consensus and usage traditions guide our innovation.
- ✅COCONUT OIL IN GLASS JAR- CCL’S USDA organic extra-virgin unrefined coconut oil is cold-pressed so you experience the best for your skin and hair. It also locks in maximum taste and nutrients for cooking, and is gluten free
- ✅ BEST-KEPT BEAUTY SECRET – Suffering from dry skin or dull hair? Use it as a hair mask to support hair growth or apply on skin as a deep moisturizer. Love making DIY recipes? use it as a carrier oil to make natural deodorant, lip balm, scrubs, massages or make up removers
- ✅ KEEP YOUR BODY SLIM & FIT – With a higher ratio of medium chain fatty acids, this glass jar of pure mother nature goodness can keep your weight management and weight loss on track. Love your body and it will love you back
- ✅ DELICIOUS COOKING OIL – Treat yourself by adding this `coconut oil to any of your cooking recipes including tasty desserts! It can be used as both a cooking and baking oil paleo friendly or keto dark chocolate fat bombs
- ✅ PET CARE- For itching and rashes in pets and leave a shiny coat for dogs and cats as an organic pet food supplement or all-natural treatment
How To Stop Coconut Oil From Going Hard and Keep It Liquid
So let's recap how to keep your coconut oil liquid and stop it solidifying...
- Keep it at a warmer temperature (room temperature is fine) otherwise it will solidify.
- Don't store your coconut oil in the fridge or anywhere too cold.
- If the coconut oil has solidified in your container or pot then warm the container in warm water and you'll see it turn back into liquid inside the pot.
- Or alternatively if you want to cook with it then transfer a small amount into a pan on a low heat and heat it gently until it melts.
This is how you stop your coconut oil from going hard and keep it liquid and how to stop your coconut oil from going bad or expiring.
Last update on 2021-06-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API