I consider myself a foodie who loves to cook and eat high quality dishes and if given the choice I’d always opt for “real” ramen noodle soups with fresh noodles, meats + vegetables and spices over instant noodles. However…
Some days life is just too busy to prepare a proper homemade meal and I actually have a soft spot for the salty goodness of instant ramen.
But being a foodie I always feel the need to add something extra to it to “jazz” it up (and maybe make myself feel less guilty about skipping cooking something fresh that night).
So on those occasions I make a quick and easy “ghetto dinner” of instant ramen with egg.
How To Make Ramen With Egg
Here are the steps to follow below to create this dish.
• Ramen comes in many flavours such as chicken, beef, or hot and spicy. Purchase any flavour of your choice.
• I the ramen is packed in a microwavable cup that you can put directly into your microwave then use that. Otherwise take out the packaging and place into a microwaveable bowl.
• In the tin, you will find a sachet containing seasonings like curry powder, red chilli flakes, sesame seeds or white pepper. Tear the sachet and pour the seasonings on the ramen.
• Next, pour a glass of water into the ramen.
• Close the tin and put it in the microwave and heat it for about a minute.
• Pull out the ramen and you will notice it is cooked.
• Next, crack an egg and pour it into the ramen.
• Heat the mixture once more for a minute.
• Take the ramen out, and you will notice your egg is fully cooked. It will come out like a boiled egg.
• Get a fork, place your steaming hot ramen into a bowl (a specific ramen bowl is best if you have one) and enjoy your meal.
If you’re too busy to cook or just want something quick and easy then this ramen with egg dish is as simple as it gets, you literally just make ramen as you always would and then add a microwaved fried egg into the mix.
And honestly, despite how cheap and cheerful this dish is I love it even as a foodie.