French fries taste good provided that they are fresh and crispy.
Any leftovers fries usually get soggy soon, and as a result, they lose their flavour.
This typically means that the fries have to be thrown away.
Luckily, there are several steps that you can follow to reheat your fries in different degrees; therefore, you don’t have to discard your leftover fries.
Here is how you can reheat fries in a microwave and still return back their flavour and crunch easily.
6 Steps To Reheating Fries In The Microwave For A Crispy Delicious Snack
1. Remove your fries from the refrigerator (if you had put them there) and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
2. Lay down two or three paper towels on top of the microwave plate.
3. Put your fries on top of the paper towels; however, ensure that you have spread them well so that they won’t touch or lie on top of each other and ensure that there is enough space around each of them.
4. Pour some vegetable or olive oil over your fries, just sufficient to provide them with a light covering.
5. Put the plate with your fries inside the microwave and heat them for around 20 seconds at a time till they have arrived at the correct temperature.
6. After they are heated to the correct temperature, take them out of the microwave, drain the excess oil, take out the paper towels, and allow your fries to cool before eating. You may sprinkle some salt or any spice that you prefer.
Reheating fries using a microwave is the fastest way to get that done. You do not need to wait for whatever thing to pre-heat your fries.
You can just leave them in the microwave for just seconds, and they will heat up.
Make sure that you have prepared your fries properly before reheating them with a microwave; otherwise, they may turn soggy.
All you are required to do is to sprinkle some olive or vegetable oil (which oil is best for steak?) and lay your fries flat on the paper-towel-lined plate to make sure that they turn out as yummy and crispy as possible
The best way to properly warm up French fries in microwave is by making use of microwave crisper trays.
These trays are particularly made to help crisp the outer surface of foods when it is being reheated or cooked in a microwave.
The microwave crisper trays help to avoid the usual soggy and soft food you get because of using a microwave.
Using a crisper tray when heating your fries in a microwave will make French fries crispy again and this makes them taste even so much better.
These trays usually heat the food from the underside, and this helps to maintain the crispiness.
You will also have to try out the heating time to achieve the best results, seeing that each microwave works differently.
Different crisper trays have different instructions to get the best results, but majority work the same.
Giving your French fries the crunchy texture that tastes best with almost any type of food.
How To Reheat Fries In The Microwave
To re-heat fries in the microwave then do the following:
- Use a microwaveable plate.
- Cover the microwave plate in microwave safe paper towels.
- Spread your fries over the plate and towels evenly with space.
- Pour a light drizzling of vegetable oil onto the fries.
- Heat for 20 seconds at a time until they reach the desired crispyness level.