Sometimes I hear the title of a recipe and know I cannot wait to try it. Other times it makes me wonder if this combination could actually work.
When I heard this Jalapeno Cheddar Cheddar Scones recipe, I felt both.
You are going to love this recipe for Jalapeno Cheddar Cheddar Scones.
Equipment Needed For Jalapeno Cheddar Cheddar Scones Recipe
- A preheated oven
- A baking sheet or parchment paper
- 2 mixing bowls
- An assortment of measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients Needed For Jalapeno Cheddar Cheddar Scones Recipe
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/3 cup of pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 1 whole egg
Jalapeno Cheddar Cheddar Scones Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 195 degrees C or 385 degrees F
- Prepare your ingredients and a cleanflat surface for kneading your dough
- Save a little of the all-purpose flour to coat your knedaing table
- Combine your all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl
- Cut your cold butter into small pieces and add these slowly to your dry mixture
- Add your pickled jalapeno slices
- Whisk this mixture gently but do not over mix it
- Add your grated cheddar cheese
- Allow this mixture to rest while you prepare your wet ingredients
- Add the buttermilk and egg to the second bowl
- Whisk these together until they are light and a little frothy
- Add your wet mixture slowly to your dry mixture
- Take care to not mix too much at this point
- Gently fold the mixture with your spatula and allow the dough to form
- Once the dough has taken shape, spread some flour onto a clean, flat, counter surface
- Pour your dough onto your kneading surface
- Knead the dough until you are happy with the consistency
- Divide the dough into eight even pieces
- Place the dough in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes
- Allow the scones to rest for 15 minutes before you serve them
- Play around to find the best toppings to spice up your Jalapeno Cheddar Cheddar Scones
How To Make Jalapeno Cheddar Cheddar Scones Recipe
I know this combination is not one that would normally jump out at you.
But Jalapeno Cheddar Cheddar Scones are going to be something you can’t get enough of.
You are going to love this recipe.