Grapefruit cupcakes are a fun and tasty way to celebrate the arrival of spring! These handmade cupcakes are simple to prepare, flavorful, and have great texture.
The simple cream cheese icing complements the cupcakes well and tastes delicious! Overall, these are among my favorite spring-inspired cupcakes!
I adore cupcakes, and I am thrilled with how they came out! The exquisite pink icing heaped high on top of this delectable cupcake is both beautiful and tasty.
They’re straightforward to make and even simpler to enjoy!
I am on a springtime cupcake craze, and I will have a couple more cupcake recipes up soon, but I needed to start with these delights.
I debated whether to make lemon cupcakes or grapefruit cupcakes and when I asked my family and friends which they preferred, they responded both!
- Grapefruit buttercream
- 1.2 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice, softly boiled for 10 minutes and chilled
- 1.5 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice, softly boiled
- 1.5 grapefruit zest
- Cupcakes with butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2.5 tablespoons, baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 cup (3 sticks) softened butter
- 1.5-pound superfine sugar
- 4.5 big room-temperature eggs
- Two teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1.2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Coconut Breeze almond butter, vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
To create grapefruit cupcakes, follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cupcake liners should be used to line a cupcake pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Butter and sugar should be combined. Then stir in the eggs and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture until barely mixed.
- Combine the buttermilk, grapefruit juice, and grapefruit zest in a mixing bowl. Mix until everything is well blended.
- Make 12 cupcakes with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool fully before icing them.
- Cover the cupcakes with pure grapefruit zest.
To create grapefruit cream cheese frosting, follow these steps:
- Cream butter and cream cheese together on moderate-high with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Add 2 cups of icing sugar at a time, alternating with grapefruit juice to assist the icing sugar dissolving. The more icing sugar you use, the firmer the icing will be. I usually use 6 cups.
- Mix in the zest and, whether using, the flavorings, and top your cupcakes!
Speaking of icing, you must make this! It is a pretty standard cream cheese buttercream recipe, but I prefer to add a little more granulated sugar than other recipes call for, so the frosting is firmer and keeps up better at room temperature.
You can also chill the incredible cream cheese topping to help it thicken. If you need a more robust grapefruit flavor, you can add more orange juice, but you may need to add a little more icing sugar to offset the extra solvent.
So that is precisely what I did! But first, I need to offer these delicious grapefruit cupcakes, my personal favorite!
They are ideal for Passover, Newborn Showers, Family’s Day, or other occasions. They are simple to prepare and look great with all that beautiful pink icing on top!