I remember, as a kid, when my mom would cook maple bacon glazed doughnuts for Sunday brunch. I think this is where my love story with this food began.
In this article, you’re going to learn how to make maple bacon glazed doughnuts. This recipe holds a special place in my heart, and it’s a must-try for anyone who enjoys good food.
The recipe will only take you a total of forty minutes to an hour. Try it when you want to make a good meal for your family.
Equipment Needed for Maple Bacon Glazed Doughnuts Recipe
- Tablespoons and teaspoons
- Medium-sized mixing bowls
- Electric or stand mixer
- Bench scraper or knife
- Round cookie cutter or round glass or cup
- Rolling pin
Ingredients Needed for Maple Bacon Glazed Doughnuts Recipe
- Softened butter
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered Sugar – 2 to 3 cups
- Brown sugar on a bowl
- 2 eggs
- Cream cheese
- Milk – 1 full cup
- All-purpose flour
- Salt – ¾ teaspoon
- Maple flavour or extract – ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Fresh maple syrup – 8 tablespoons or ¾ cup
- Defrosted Bacon strips – three to four slices
Maple Bacon Glazed Doughnuts Recipe
1. Take out your bacon slices and chop them into small squares.
2. Place your bacon on a pan and fry it on medium-high heat with some vegetable oil. You’ll know the bacon is ready when the color changes to a golden brown.
3. It’s now time to make the maple glaze. Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl and mix with an electric or stand mixer.
4. Add two and a half cups of powdered sugar and some milk to the butter mixture. Keep mixing.
5. Add a tablespoon of maple flavor or extract to the butter mixture. Also, add a third of a cup of maple syrup and keep mixing.
6. You’ll know the maple glaze is ready once you achieve a beautiful and cream-colored consistency.
7. It’s now time to make the doughnut dough. Add half a cup of milk and sugar to another mixing bowl.
8. Beat two eggs and add them to the bowl. Keep mixing.
9. Add a pint of salt, half a cup of melted butter, and some vegetable oil, and keep mixing with an electric or stand mixer.
10. Add your all-purpose flour and knead for roughly ten minutes. You’ll know the dough is ready when you get a smooth consistency, and it stops sticking to the walls of the mixing bowl.
11. Let the dough sit for a couple of minutes.
12. Take your dough and place it on your working table. Cut the dough into the half with a knife or bench scraper.
13. Flatten each half with a rolling pin until you achieve a 1/2 inch thickness.
14. Use a round cookie cutter or cup to make round pieces of the dough. You may also decide to make a doughnut hole inside each round piece or not.
15. Heat some vegetable oil on a pan and dip your doughnut dough onto the hot oil. You don’t want the heat to be too high or the oil to be too hot.
16. Flip the doughnuts once the lower side turns golden brown. You’ll know the doughnuts are ready once all sides are golden brown.
17. Transfer the ready doughnuts onto a cooling rack. Let the doughnuts cool while allowing the oil to drain.
18. Drench the ready doughnuts into the brown sugar, then slightly dip them onto the maple glaze.
19. Sprinkle the bacon toppings on top of the doughnuts where the maple glaze is.
20. Serve and enjoy.
How to Cook Maple Bacon Glazed Doughnuts Recipe
Thank you so much for reading this post. Try out this recipe, and I hope you enjoy the maple bacon glazed doughnuts to the last bite.