Cinnamon rolls are a great source of energy. They will assist you in attaining your daily recommended calorie count every day.
Additionally, they are also a good source of fats and sugar.
When I was growing up, Thanksgiving Day was always a big deal.
We would spend time with friends and family before heading to our respective homes for dinner—the meal that brought everyone together in one room!
Maple Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls were an absolute necessity at my mom’s house because she knew how much they would mean to me on this special occasion.
Consequently, I have adapted this tradition, and I would like to share the recipe with you so that you can also enjoy it with family and friends.
Equipment needed for Maple Cranberry Cinnamon rolls Recipe
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Baking pan
- Small bowl
- Stand mixer
- 1cup of fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1tbs of salt
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 pack of active dry yeast
- 1 ¼ cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- Maple-brown sugar icing
- ¼ cup of toasted pecans
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. of hot water
- ¼ tsp. maple flavoring
- Using the large bowl, mix the hot water with yeast and sit for ten minutes. The heat will allow the yeast to react. Meanwhile, warm the milk, maple syrup, salt, and butter in the saucepan. Place over medium heat and allow it to just warm. Set it aside.
- Here, you will add the milk and eggs to the yeast mixture and mix using the stand mixer. You may now add the whole wheat flour slowly while using the stand mixer to integrate. Add the all-purpose flour to the dough.
- You must turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead in some of the remaining flour to make the dough soft so that it becomes elastic and smooth. The kneading process can be done from 3-5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put it in a greased bowl. You may then turn once to grease the surface of the dough. Proceed to cover with a plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm environment for an hour or until it is double in size. It is now time to punch down the dough, cover it, and let it sit for ten more minutes.
- Grease the baking pan and set it aside. Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar using the small bowl and stir in the pecans and cranberries.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape and sprinkle the pecan mixture while leaving one inch unfilled along with one of the sides.
- Starting with the long-filled side, you may now roll up the rectangle. Pinch the dough to seal the seam and slice it up into 15 pieces.
- Arrange these pieces and cut the sides in the greased baking pan. Cover it and let it sit in a warm environment for 30 minutes or until it is double in size.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 25-30 minutes. In the meantime, in the small bowl, mix the brown sugar and hot water, whisk in the maple flavoring, powdered sugar, and milk until you see some consistency.
- As soon as the rolls have baked, allow them to cool for five minutes and remove them from the pan. Conclude by drizzling the maple-brown sugar icing and serving.
It is now time to enjoy your maple cranberry cinnamon rolls. Thank you for reading my post.