Before we get to the recipes I should be honest and say that I've drank Paloma Mimosas several times without really thinking what ingredients they contained or where the name "Paloma" comes from.
So I decided it was about time I found out and maybe you're interested to know the origins too...
So, a "Paloma" is a tequila based cocktail from Mexico and is the Spanish word for "Dove" though there's no real insight into why the cocktail is called a "Paloma" or it's origins strangely.
I probably don't have to convince you to try them seeing as you are here but if you're still on the fence whether you'd enjoy this cocktail or not then here's how to decide...
If you like Champagne then give it a try and likewise even if you don't but you enjoy Margaritas (also a tequila based cocktail) then give a Paloma a try too!
And if you enjoy cocktails that are both sweet but sour then this is the drink for you...
Here Are 2 Of The Best Paloma Mimosa Recipes Online...
In my opinion these recipes below are 3 of the best Paloma Mimosa recipes available online and re-creating any of these will give you an enjoyable cocktail perfect for a warm summers night or even in winter when you need a little cheering up.
Jeanine and Jack @ Love And Lemons Recipe For Paloma Mimosas
Jackie and Jeanine love this cocktail because it brings back memories of when they lived in Austin and they'd order Paloma cocktails on summer afternoons at Hula Hut looking over Lake Austin and enjoy time with friends.
They decided to re-live this memory and finally recreated this drink at home and thankfully have shared it with the world.
- Prep & Serve Time: 5 Minutes.
- Serves: 1
- Ingredients: 6
- Main Ingredients: Champagne & Tequila
See the full recipe for this delicious cocktail here.
Alyssas @ My Sequined Life Recipe For Champagne Mimosas
Alyssa makes this drink for New Years Eve as Tequila is her favourite spirit and she suggest trying Champagne and Tequila mixed together for the first time in this cocktail if you've never tried it before (I was sold instantly!).
Even if you're not sold initially on the combo of Tequila and Champagne then you will be by the beautiful photos of them.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes.
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 180kcal
- Ingredients: 4
You can see the full recipe for this stunning cocktail here.
Paloma Mimosas Make You Happy
I would never have thought to mix Tequila and Champagne together in a cocktail, as it seems like mixing the rough with the classy.
However, just looking at the picture of these Paloma Mimosa cocktails is enough to convince me (and surely anyone else) that this will be a delicious combination.
And I genuinely think these are two of the best recipes available online to follow so get stuck in and let me know what you think.
- Home Bar Essentials: Upgrade your happy hour with our cocktail set that allows you to make all kinds of cocktails and concoctions, from martinis to margaritas.
- Durable: Built to last, our professional stainless steel bar set will remain rust and leak-free for years of shaking and stirring. Hand wash recommended.
- Crafty: This shakers bartending kit is complete with complimentary cocktail cards, so you can get creative and mix up delicious drinks from the comfort of your home.
- For Everyone: Whether you're an amateur bartender or master mixologist, our drink mixer kit has all the bar tools you need to whip up impressive cocktails for your guests.
- Gift: Packaged in a sleek, velvet pouch, our bar kit is a joy to unwrap and makes the perfect gift for any occasion - from birthdays to graduation.
- FULL SET - Release your inner mixologist with this bartending kit that includes a Boston shaker tin pair (26oz & 18oz), double jigger (¾ and 1 ¾ oz), bar spoon, Hawthorne strainer, bottle opener, muddler, 2 pourers, and a velvet bag to carry it all in style.
- QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL - For a cocktail kit that looks and acts the part, look no further. This bar kit is made of rust-free stainless steel with a brushed finish for a leak-proof, scratch-proof experience.
- FOR ALL LEVELS - This drink shaker set is perfect for starting stirrers, master mixers, and everyone in between. With every tool needed to make any drink, you'll be ready to serve with this bartender set.
- EASY CLEANING - These are truly the tools and shakers bartending buffs can't live without! This cocktail strainer set is completely dishwasher safe - the perfect bar accessories for the home bar set of your dreams!
- GREAT GIFT - Know a bartender-to-be who needs that extra cocktail stirrer, margarita kit, cocktail mixers or maybe a whole new set of bar supplies? These bar sets for the home are the perfect present!
- Cider Mill Press (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 40 Pages - 03/31/2020 (Publication Date) - Cider Mill Press (Publisher)
- Whiskey Infusion Kit: Aberdeen Oak’s Whiskey Infusion Kit allows you to easily and quickly infuse your favorite whiskey with an array of delicious flavors with wood chips and botanicals for a unique and personalized drinking experience.
- All-Inclusive Spirit Infusion Kit: The kit includes two high-quality glass whiskey containers with reusable cork lids, two filters, six stainless steel whiskey cubes, three varieties of wood chips, nine aromatic botanicals, and instructions.
- At-Home Infusion Kit: Easily infuse your whiskey at home with Aberdeen Oak's Whiskey Infusion Kit! Select your favorite whiskey, add your wood chips, then allow it to sit for 2-4 weeks! Then, you'll add your chosen botanicals to complete the drink!
- Perfect Gift for Any Whiskey Lover: The Aberdeen Oak's Alcohol Infusion Kit is ideal for any whiskey aficionado, allowing them to create their custom whiskey infusions at home with the included blend of oak chips and botanicals.
- Superior Craftsmanship: At Aberdeen Oak, we work hard to design products that are not only easy to use but also built to last. With a focus on quality, we're proud to offer products that are the perfect blend of form and function.
- Cocktail Arcade 60-in-1 control kit
- Includes RetroArcade.us Jamma wiring harness with US label
- Includes RetroArcade.us 16 amp RetroArcade.us power supply
- Game boards sold separately!
Frequently Asked Questions About Paloma Cocktails
Why is the drink called a Paloma?
It's the Spanish word for "Dove" though nobody knows why this tequila based cocktail become known as the "Paloma"
Is a Paloma a common drink?
It's very popular in Mexico by mixing tequila, fresh lime juice, grapefruit or grapefruit flavoured soda, poured over ice.
What are the best juices for Mimosas?
Any citrus based juice works for a Mimosa but Orange juice works particularly well.
What alcohol is good for mimosas?
Tequila or Mescal for the base them use Champagne to top up (or Prosecco or Cava for a more budget friendly option)
What is the difference between a Paloma and Margarita?
It's similar to a Margarita but a Paloma uses Grapefruit soda instead which changes the flavour considerably plus you add champagne in to turn it into a Paloma Mimosa.
Last update on 2023-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API