Before we get to the recipes I should be honest and say that I've drank Paloma Mimosas several times without really thinking what ingredients they contained or where the name "Paloma" comes from.
So I decided it was about time I found out and maybe you're interested to know the origins too...
So, a "Paloma" is a tequila based cocktail from Mexico and is the Spanish word for "Dove" though there's no real insight into why the cocktail is called a "Paloma" or it's origins strangely.
I probably don't have to convince you to try them seeing as you are here but if you're still on the fence whether you'd enjoy this cocktail or not then here's how to decide...
If you like Champagne then give it a try and likewise even if you don't but you enjoy Margaritas (also a tequila based cocktail) then give a Paloma a try too!
And if you enjoy cocktails that are both sweet but sour then this is the drink for you...
Here Are 2 Of The Best Paloma Mimosa Recipes Online...
In my opinion these recipes below are 3 of the best Paloma Mimosa recipes available online and re-creating any of these will give you an enjoyable cocktail perfect for a warm summers night or even in winter when you need a little cheering up.
Jeanine and Jack @ Love And Lemons Recipe For Paloma Mimosas
Jackie and Jeanine love this cocktail because it brings back memories of when they lived in Austin and they'd order Paloma cocktails on summer afternoons at Hula Hut looking over Lake Austin and enjoy time with friends.
They decided to re-live this memory and finally recreated this drink at home and thankfully have shared it with the world.
- Prep & Serve Time: 5 Minutes.
- Serves: 1
- Ingredients: 6
- Main Ingredients: Champagne & Tequila
See the full recipe for this delicious cocktail here.
Alyssas @ My Sequined Life Recipe For Champagne Mimosas
Alyssa makes this drink for New Years Eve as Tequila is her favourite spirit and she suggest trying Champagne and Tequila mixed together for the first time in this cocktail if you've never tried it before (I was sold instantly!).
Even if you're not sold initially on the combo of Tequila and Champagne then you will be by the beautiful photos of them.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes.
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 180kcal
- Ingredients: 4
You can see the full recipe for this stunning cocktail here.
Paloma Mimosas Make You Happy
I would never have thought to mix Tequila and Champagne together in a cocktail, as it seems like mixing the rough with the classy.
However, just looking at the picture of these Paloma Mimosa cocktails is enough to convince me (and surely anyone else) that this will be a delicious combination.
And I genuinely think these are two of the best recipes available online to follow so get stuck in and let me know what you think.
- TANKLESS WATER HEATER VALVE KIT: Watts LFTWH-FT-HCN service valve kit for tankless water heater valves simplify the installation, maintenance and operation of tankless water heaters.
- SERVICE VALVE KIT FOR TANKLESS WATER HEATER: The tankless water heater service valve kit replaces up to 18 fittings and 16 connections used in typical tankless water heater installations, color-coded tee handle. Optional pressure relief and check valve.
- MULTIPLE CONNECTION VALVE KIT: They are available in two valve sets or as a single valve with female threaded, union or quick-connect end options. The service valve kits are available with or without a relief valve. Facilitate service and maintenance with cold water inlet and hot water outlet valves certified to NSF/ANSI 61.
- LEAD FREE VALVE KIT: The wetted surface of our Lead Free products contacted by consumable water contain less than one quarter of one percent (0.25 percent) of lead by weight.
- WATER SERVICE VALVE KIT: Purge/drain ports allow regular cleaning to remove scale build-up. The kit includes LF4L - Lead free poppet type pressure relief valves for protection against excessive pressure and LFTWH - Lead Free Tankless Water Heater Valves.
- Improves Taste: Over time, Keurig (TM) machines build up old grinds and residues, tainting the flavor of your coffee and espresso. Quick & Clean's proprietary cleaning formula cuts through and eliminates these residues, bringing taste back to normal
- Lengthens The Life Of Your Machine: Residue build ups in the pack holder, funnel & exit needle can eventually cause damage to your machine. Regular cleaning using Quick & Clean's cups restores these elements and enhances the lifespan of your machine
- Safe & Easy To Use: Completely safe - non-toxic, biodegradable and gentle on your Keurig (TM) brewer (1.0 & 2.0- compatible). Easy to use - simply brew one large cycle with the cleaner pod, then one large cycle with water-only (discard liquid & cleaning pod)
- Excellent Value: With 6 rinse pods per package and incredible cleaning effectiveness, Quick & Clean's cleaning cups provide 3+ months of cleaning power (based on daily usage) Please note: This is an aftermarket cleaning product (produced by Quick & Clean). We have no affiliation with or endorsement from any of the manufacturers mentioned
- LIKE BLOTTING PAPERS, BUT BETTER: This face roller is made of real volcanic stone, which soaks up excess oil instantly. It’s our secret for fresh, shine-free skin any time. Use it on a clean or finished face—it won’t mess up your makeup
- MASSAGES AND MATTIFIES FACE: Rolling the stone roller across your skin feels heavenly, like a mini facial massage. Ditch your jade roller and use our 2-in-1 Mattifying face roller for oily and acne prone skin
- EASY TO USE: Gently roll the face roller ball over your T-zone or anywhere skin is shiny. That’s it
- LESS WASTE THAN BLOTTING PAPER: Unlike blotting papers for oily skin that are used once and thrown out, this oil-absorbing roller is reusable. To clean, twist the roller’s ring to unlock, and pull out the stone. Wash with a gentle cleanser, rinse, and air-dry before locking it back in
- LIVE BOLDLY WITH REVLON MAKEUP: Revlon has the quality beauty tools and high-pigment, the bold color makeup you need to be yourself. Our tools for the face, eyes, and nails are everyday essentials elevated through function, form, or and material (but still amazingly affordable)
- FIXES NOISY, RUNNING TOILETS: Toilet repair kit replaces inefficient fill and flush valves, and leaky flappers to help solve most common toilet fill problems
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN: 400A toilet fill valve adjusts easily from 9 – 14 inches, fits most 2-inch flush valve toilets, and is ideal for use in 1.6 to 3.5 gallons per flush toilets or larger. Dual Flush: No
- CORROSION RESISTANT: Solid frame 501 2-inch flapper features corrosion-resistant Microban material to prevent breakdown and leaks due to bacteria and is chlorine and hard water resistant
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easily installs in 10 minutes or less to get your toilet flushing like new again
- The Package Length of the Product is 5.08 centimeters
- The Package Height of the Product is 17.78 centimeters
- The Package Width of the Product is 16.51 centimeters
- Package Weight : 0.272 kilograms
Frequently Asked Questions About Paloma Cocktails
Why is the drink called a Paloma?
It's the Spanish word for "Dove" though nobody knows why this tequila based cocktail become known as the "Paloma"
Is a Paloma a common drink?
It's very popular in Mexico by mixing tequila, fresh lime juice, grapefruit or grapefruit flavoured soda, poured over ice.
What are the best juices for Mimosas?
Any citrus based juice works for a Mimosa but Orange juice works particularly well.
What alcohol is good for mimosas?
Tequila or Mescal for the base them use Champagne to top up (or Prosecco or Cava for a more budget friendly option)
What is the difference between a Paloma and Margarita?
It's similar to a Margarita but a Paloma uses Grapefruit soda instead which changes the flavour considerably plus you add champagne in to turn it into a Paloma Mimosa.
Last update on 2022-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API