I often find trying out new kitchen recipes a delight. My kids would often seek various recipes and request we try them out for ourselves.
I have come to try several of my kids’ suggestions.
They recently researched various popcorn recipes. I thought it is time to develop a popcorn recipe with some taste and flavor.
We researched popcorn recipes and I finally settled on one. I must share with you a Peanut Butter-Cup Caramel Corn recipe.
It will leave you wondering why you ever settled for plain popcorns as your go-to snack.
Equipment Needed For Peanut Butter-Cup Caramel Corn Recipe
Just like most popcorn recipes, you require the following types of equipment:-
- An oven
- A microwave
Ingredients Needed For Peanut Butter-Cup Caramel Corn
You require the following ingredients for your peanut butter-cup caramel corn:-
- Non-sticking cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- Half a cup of unpopped popcorn kernels
- Half a cup of sliced almonds
- Two-thirds a cup of packed brown sugar
- Two thirds of a cup of light-coloured corn syrup
- Two and a half tablespoons of butter
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a cup of creamy peanut butter
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
Peanut Butter-Cup Caramel Corn Recipe
The following are recipe instructions for peanut butter cup-caramel corn:-
- Preheat the oven to 250° F.You can then place popcorn in a large bowl. Use the cooker spray to spray two large shallow baking dishes.
- Input medium heat and place a medium saucepan over it. Place butter into the saucepan to melt. Add and combine in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly to allow it to cook for about three minutes. Remove from heat. Add and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Drizzle over popcorn and stir to coat it well.
- Transfer the coated popcorn from the baking dishes and into the preheated oven. It is to bake while stirring after every 15 minutes. Continue this process for an hour.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
- After cooling, break it into pieces and stir in peanuts.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter chips and vegetable shortening in a bowl that is suitable for the microwave.
- Heat the combination for two minutes or until it is smooth. Make sure you stir every 30 seconds. Drizzle over the popcorn and toss to combine.
- You can then melt the chocolate chips in a different bowl suitable for the microwave. Do this for about a minute while stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Transfer the contents into a Ziploc bag. You can then drizzle over the popcorn through a small corner of the bag.
- Place the two pans in the refrigerator until chocolate has hardened. Break into small pieces and serve.
Thank you for taking your time to read this recipe and enjoy cooking your peanut butter caramel corn with it.