With just 5 ingredients and an hour total prep and cooking time this salted caramel cups recipe is a simple and relatively quick treat to bake and doesn’t require many kitchen utensils, gadgets or products.
And this recipe will make a whopping 20 servings so there will be plenty to share around.
Both you and the family will love these, here’s my how to guide…
Salted Caramel Cups Ingredients
For the Caramel…
- 100g of white sugar.
- 45g of butter
- 45ml of heavy cream
- A pinch of salt.
Chocolate Caramel Cups…
- 200g of chocolate chips.
- pinch of salt.
How To Bake Your Salted Caramel Cups…
1. Melt your sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat till golden brown.
2. Add your butter into the pan until melted and mixed together.
3. Pour in your cream and stir constantly for a few minutes.
4. Add in the salt and then pour the whole mix into a glass jar and allow to cool completely.
5. Melt your chocolate in the microwave and once fully melted brush each paper baking cup with chocolate then give each a second coat.
6. Place your chocolate cups in a cold freezer for 5 minutes to allow it to set.
7. Remove from freezer and fill each cup with 1 teaspoon of caramel and another teaspoon of chocolate then sprinkle with more sea salt.
8. Freeze for another 10 minutes to allow it to set.
9. Once fully set you can remove and enjoy!