I just adore carrot cake! It’s my absolute favourite dessert. There is something about the moist, rich flavour that makes me just want to go back for more – and more!
My husband and kids are the same! Which is fine, but it’s not particularly healthy is it?. Imagine my delight when I perfected this Skinny Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe!
Even better – the whole family loves it too, especially the kids, making it a great choice for those in-between meal hunger pangs (which seem to be never-ending in this household!).
As a final added bonus- it contains at least 2 of your 5 fruit and vegetable portions a day – plus a generous helping of healthy fats and proteins too!
What more could you ask for in a drink?
Take a look below and I guarantee this will also become your favourite go-to smoothie!
Equipment Needed for Skinny Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe
- Handheld grater – use the smaller side
- Chopping board and cutting knife
- Smoothie blender – or, if you don’t have a smoothie blender, a strong bowl or jug and hand blender will suffice
- Glass – to serve
- Straw – optional
Ingredients Needed for Skinny Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 2 medium sized carrots (enough for one cup when grated) – grated
- 1 banana – chopped
- 25g walnuts (pecans can also be used here)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural Greek yoghurt (plain natural yoghurt is also suitable)
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener (honey and maple syrup both work really well here)
- 1 cup plant-based milk (oat and almond milks tend to be my favourite in this drink)
- Optional: pinch of nutmeg, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, handful ice cubes.
Skinny Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe
Makes enough for one generous serving.
To cater for more simple times the quantity below by the number of people you wish to serve.
For example, if you want to make a smoothie for 2 people, use 4 carrots and 2 bananas etc. etc.
- Grate the carrots using the fine side of the grater, prior to adding to the blender or bowl/ jug
- Chop banana.
- Add all ingredients to blender (or bowl/ jug), finishing with the plant-based milk.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy (usually around 1 -2 minutes).
- Pour into serving glass of choice – best served immediately.
That really is all there is to it!
How to Cook Skinny Carrot Cake Smoothie
There you have it folks- an amazing smoothie that tastes just like a real carrot cake and without the calories and accompanying guilt! Thanks for reading and enjoy making this delicious smoothie over and over again!