Granola is used as a snack or breakfast and can make a beautiful homemade gift. When I was young, my mum once prepared it for me and ever since I have come to love it.With over two hundred five-star reviews once you try it I guarantee you will never go back to store-bought Granola.
What equipments are required for the Granola recipe?
You need to understand that having the right equipment will heavily influence the outcome of the meal you are preparing.
The following equipment will be needed:
- Measuring cups of different sizes
- Measuring spoons of different sizes
- A large rimmed baking sheet
- Large and smaller bowls used to hold the ingredients
- A large airtight container used for storage
If you aren’t able to find the listed equipment above, it is advisable to improvise.
The ingredients needed for the Granola recipe
The ingredients used can vary depending on the granola variant you require.
I will provide the ingredients that my kids and I always prefer.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats that I prefer to be gluten-free.
- Use four cups of raw nuts or seeds.
- Use one cup of pecans and half a cup of pepitas fine-grained sea salt.
- Use one tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- Use a half tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil.
- Use half a cup of maple syrup or honey.
- Use half a cup Vanilla or strawberry extract.
- Use one teaspoon for the dried fruit ensure you chop them if they are large I used cranberries
- I use optional additional mix-ins. Use half a cup of chocolate chips or coconut flakes.
As you can see, the ingredients you can use have different options to cater to the variants.
The recipe of the Toasted Muesli Granola
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper later, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oats, nuts or seeds, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to blend.
- In the large bowl pour in the oil, maple syrup, or honey and vanilla. Ensure you mix well till every oat and nut is coated. Then pour granola onto a prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread the mixture until it becomes an even layer.
- For about 21 to 24 minutes bake until a light golden colour appears. Ensure you stir halfway. In case, you want extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola to create a more even layer. Further, crispiness is attained once it cools.
- Let it cool completely to the top with dried fruit. You can break the Granola into pieces or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want it to be extra-clumpy.
- At room temperature, store the granola in an airtight container for 1 or 2 weeks.
How to cook Toasted Muesli Granola
The oats are required to be crowded in the pan so that they stick together.
Ensure the pan is lined with parchment paper so that the sweetener oats stick.
Do not bake the granola for long.
Let the granola cool completely.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this recipe.
I hope it will be beneficial.