This is a mixer of fresh sour cherries with pure almond milk and a small amount of vanilla pudding mix. Many people prefer sweet and tastier ice-cream flavors, while as for me, I like this sour cherry vanilla bean.
You cannot get the real taste of this creamy vanilla bean ice cream until you get a bite with a top-up of frozen sour cherry.
Vanilla is among those ingredients that are taken for granted, but it flavors almost every edible thing from cakes to ice creams to yogurts.
It makes them sweeter and makes them have a unique taste.
I love this recipe because I once prepared it for my friends during a birthday party we had attended, and they were all craving more.
Most of them admitted that it was the best experience they ever had among all the ice creams they had ever had before.
I found out about this recipe when I visited a cousin who lives in the uptown.
She once made it in my presence, and just after having a taste of it, I couldn’t hide my interest in knowing how to go about the recipe.
She took me through step by step in making this recipe.
You, too, wouldn’t resist this vanilla bean sour cherry pop on a hot sunny day to cool off your body.
I serve it in metal cups which will keep it cold for a longer time than in most other containers.
Equipment Needed for Vanilla Bean Sour Cherry Pops Recipe
- A freezer.
- A medium mixing bowl.
- A hand mixer.
Ingredients Needed for Vanilla Bean Sour Cherry Pops Recipe
- One and a half cups of milk.
- One and an eighth cups white sugar.
- One and a half tablespoons of vanilla paste or vanilla extract.
- One and a half cups of red tart cherries are chopped into small pieces and divided.
Vanilla Bean Sour Cherry Pops Recipe
- Use a hand mixer, and using very low speed, mix the white sugar with milk in a medium mixing bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Put in the vanilla paste and stir.
- Turn the freezing machine on, pour the mixer into the freezer bowl and add one cup of tart cherries.
- Leave it for 20 – 25 minutes until it’s thick enough.
- In the last five minutes, add the remaining tart cherries.
- The vanilla bean will have a soft and creamy texture. If you intend to have a firmer texture, transfer it into an airtight container and put it in the freezer for two hours.
How to Make Vanilla Bean Sour Cherry Pops
In a medium bowl, mix sugar and milk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Add the vanilla extract and stir.
Put it into a freezing bowl, add one cup of tart cherries, and leave it to thicken.
Add the remaining tart cherries in the last five minutes. Please leave it in the freezer to achieve a firmer texture of the mixture.
I want to thank all those who have taken their time to go through this recipe, and may it be of help to you.
Have fun when making the vanilla bean sour cherry pops.