Vanilla caramel cake is a dessert that is perfect for a date night, made from simple ingredients. It takes minutes to prepare with the already made ingredients.
I first experienced vanilla caramel cake when I went for a family dinner in a hotel.
I immediately went and looked up its recipe which I later tried.
My kids nowadays constantly ask me to prepare the cake for them, and I think it is because of its lovely taste and unique sweetness.
The equipment needed for the Vanilla Caramel cake recipe
It is important to note that the equipment will directly influence the measuring of quantities that will impact the taste and aesthetic view of the final product.
The following equipment will be needed:
- Parchment paper.
- Measuring pitcher.
- Measuring cups of different sizes
- Spoons of different sizes.
- A food mixer.
- A small bowl is used to hold the ingredients.
- A mixer bowl.
- Glass jars.
The ingredients needed for the Vanilla Caramel cake recipe
- Unsalted and softened butter of 1 cup
- Granulated white sugar of one and a half cups
- A half tsp of salt
- Three large eggs
- Cake flour of 3 cups
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- One and a quarter cups of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Granulated sugar of one and a half cups
- Corn syrup
- Heavy cream of 1 cup
- Unsalted butter of half cup
- Unsalted butter
- Confectioners’ sugar of 4cups
- Teaspoon salt
- Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp heavy cream
The recipe of Vanilla Caramel Cake
- Line the pans with parchment paper. A light sprays the cake pans, then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter at medium speed until it is softly whipped, then add salt and sugar. Beat the mixture at medium speed.
- Add one egg and beat at a low speed, increasing the speed after adding the other two eggs.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Measure out the milk. Measure the vanilla and pour it into the milk. Add dry ingredients and the liquid mixture to the butter mixture.
- Divide batter equally and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and corn syrup, then add water and stir.
- Over high heat, cook the mixture and do not stir.
- When the sugar mixture is brown, reduce the heat then pour the cream and the butter and whisk till melted.
- Let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix the softened butter until it is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift the confectioners’ sugar, adding one cup of butter at a time.
- Add salt, vanilla, and heavy cream and mix for 5 mins.
- Add half of the caramel to the buttercream and mix.
How to make a decorated Vanilla Caramel Cake
- Frost the cake with caramel buttercream.
- The decorated cake is refrigerated for 1 hour.
- Once the frosting, has cooled drizzle the remaining caramel on the top and sides of the cake.
- Wait, for it to set after 10 min then serve.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this recipe.
I hope it will be beneficial.