I love having some munchy, sweet breakfast when I am not having my regular cereal. For all the years I have spent in the kitchen, a good waffle sandwich breakfast is always top of the list whenever I am going out and need lots of energy.
The waffle is digested for a pretty long period, keeping you full way into the mid-morning.
Would you like a scrumptious waffle sandwich breakfast with the toppings of bacon and cherry?
Here is a quick recipe for making an all-delicious meal for your next breakfast. The meal is neither a high-calorie diet nor too oily.
This recipe yields six superb sandwiches for a small family.
Equipment Needed for Waffle Sandwich Recipe
- Baking dish and baking sheet
- Cooking pan
- Cherry stoner
Ingredients for the Recipe
- 12 Frozen Waffles
- 6 Slices of bacon
- 100g cherry jam
- 150g Butter
- 800g cherries
- Salt & Pepper
Waffle sandwich Recipe
- Start by removing stones from the cherries. You can either cut the cherries in half and remove the stones or use a cherry stoner. Then, toss the de-stoned cherries in jam and put them aside.
- Preheat the oven to about 400ºF.
- Cook the bacon slices on a baking sheet. Each side should take no more than ten minutes to be done. Add a pinch of pepper and salt on each side to taste.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Warm your griddle to medium heat. Cut a slice of the butter to cover the pan.
- Place a slice of frozen waffle on the pan and let it warm.
- Cut the slices of bacon to fit the slices of the waffles.
- Start assembling the sandwich in the following order:
- Place a slice of the waffle on the pan
- Add the bacon strips on top
- Add the cherries on top of the bacon. Scoop the cherries with the jam so that it flows on the side.
- Top it with another waffle on top
- Butter the outside edges of the waffles to make it soft and munchy.
- Using medium heat, cook each side of your waffle until it is golden brown. It should be crispy and lightly coated. Avoid making it too dry as it will start to crumble on the table.
- Cut square waffle slices diagonally to make sandwiches. Ensure that the knife is sharp enough to avoid breaking the waffles into crumbs as you cut.
- Serve the waffle sandwich warm.
- Other people may want to add a slice of cheese on top of the cherry to add some salty, tingly taste to the sandwich. If you wish to do that, be sure to ensure that the cheese melts enough to cover the sides before removing the sandwich from the pan.
- If you do not wish to consume all the sandwiches at once, cover them with aluminum foil to prevent them from drying off.
I hope you have enjoyed our recipe post. Try the recipe at home.