Looking for a fillet knife for your kitchen or for whenever you go out on the water? You should get an electric fish fillet knife.
There are dozens of fish fillet knives in the market and trying to find the best one can be a demanding task. Thankfully, I will help you narrow down your list by reviewing the best fillet knives I have encountered so far.
Top Best Fillet Knives
Fillet knives are a must-get-tool if you love fishing. At times you might catch bigger fish such as sturgeon or tuna, so you’ll need a powerful blade. Here are several fillet knives that you should consider purchasing:
1. Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Fillet Knife
Starting off the list is the Cuisinart CEK-40. It is a broad spectrum fillet knife and so far it has more than 8,000 reviews.
It’s a kitchen appliance that everyone should have. It comes with two highly durable stainless steel blades that will help you cut anything in the kitchen.
It also comes with a thin blade that is perfect for carving meat neat and a thicker one for cutting through harder meat.
Thanks to the ergonomic design, it’s ideal for both right and left-handed persons to comfortably cut smoothly.
It comes with two release buttons that are in front of the motor, so it’s quite easy to operate. The on and off control trigger only requires a single press and it’ll work perfectly.
The Cuisinart CEK-40 fillet knife has a safety lock in form of a button. It also has a 4-ft long power cord, which allows you to move freely as you work.
Another great feature of this fillet knife is the fact that it has a hardwood butcher block storage case that perfectly houses the blades and the knife’s base.
Key Features: blade length 7.5 inches, weight-3.4lbs, type-corded
- It has two blades that can be used for various cutting purposes, not only fish
- It has a long power cord that gives you the freedom to move around as you work
- Comes with a butcher block that’s ideal for storage of the base and blades
- The design makes the knife easy-to-use and operate
- It needs 30-minute charging
- Some people find it to be too noisy
- It might break
Whatever your cutting needs are, this fillet knife is up to the task. The blades are super sharp and it comes with a powerful motor that will power the knife till you’re done with your task.
2. American Angler PRO Electric Fillet Knife
If you catch lots of different species of fish then the American Angler PRO fillet knife is a great addition to your equipment. However, you will notice that it’s one of the most expensive fillet knives out there.
But, the knife is worth its price, since it comes with so many accessories and great features. This knife comes with up to 5 different blades: a 10-inch, an 8 inch, and 10-inch heavy-duty shark blade, a 5.5-inch and 8-inch with curved tips.
With so many blades, there’s no task you can’t perform when it comes to cleaning fish. Additionally, the fillet set is more powerful than other knives and this will help you achieve clean, smooth, and precise cuts.
Key Features: Size-comes in different sizes, type-corded electric, accessories-protective glove, interchangeable blades and carry case
- Comes with a variety of interchangeable blades
- Suitable for cutting both large and small fish
- It’s durable
- Has a 2-year warranty
- Comes with a carry case and protective glove
- It’s quite expensive
- It’s prone to overheating when it’s overused
Although it’s expensive, I prefer this knife because I have the option of switching blades depending on what I’m cutting and it’s a great tool.
3. Rapala Deluxe Electric Fillet Knife
This is a corded fillet knife and it’s portable, unlike other knives. So, it gives you an option in case you want to carry it with you.
The Rapala Deluxe fillet knife comes with a blade, a 110V AC, 12V Post Clips, and a 12V Lighter Plug. You can power the knife from the main switch, your car’s battery, or your boat lighter’s outlet.
It comes with an 18-ft power cord which makes it possible for you to move about as you fillet your fish. The 6 and 7½ inch reciprocating blades make it capable of cutting both large and small fish.
Key Features: blade length-6 and 7½ inches, type-corded electric, accessories-3 times power adapters, and carry case
- A variety of adapters, making it possible to use the knife in the kitchen or outdoors
- Suitable for cutting both large and small fish
- It has an 18-ft power cord
- Comes with stainless steel blades and a carry case
- The carry case should be big enough to accommodate the whole power cord
The Rapala Deluxe fillet knife will be the best fillet knife if you prefer working on the go because you can power it from any power outlet.
3 Best Electric Fillet Knives For Fish
So, in conclusion, the top best electric fillet knives are:
- Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Fillet Knife
- American Angler PRO Electric Fillet Knife
- Rapala Deluxe Electric Fillet Knife But, if I’m asked, my top pick would be the American Angler PRO Electric Fillet Knife because it has so many blades meant for different purposes. And, it also comes with a long power cord giving you freedom as you work.